Good morning. Gonna start this one with a picture of the Rusty Bucket Dog. If he's in the house or studio, he is never too far from me. He thinks I might scratch him behind the ears or toss him a rawhide chew treat. He's a sweetie and I kinda spoil him.
Now wedding business.
Remember the post about the advice box.
Well using my mama's train case was determined as the way to go. But the B2B asked that the mirror be concealed. Not sure why, but I pondered it and here is what the process for this little lovely looked like.
I love all things vintage and vintage in appearance. So I just happened to have in my stash some ALLEN + ROTH embossed paintable wallpaper that looks like old tin ceiling tiles. I picked this up at my local Lowe's.
I cut it to the size I needed.
Then started experimenting.
I used Bronze Metallic and Tattered Leather Glimmer Mist. These are Tattered Angels products that I use for all kinds of things. I am slowly building my collection of the products, but they are wonderful and easy to work with. I first sprayed the wallpaper liberally with the tattered leather spray and dried it quickly with my heat gun. Then I sprayed in a random pattern with the bronze.
I took old (almost dry) stamp pads in a dark brown, silver, and black and randomly swiped them across the raised portions of the pattern.
Then a took a damp paper towel --- barely damp --- and swirled across the raised pattern, blending it all together.
As the last step I misted lightly with Graphite Glimmer Mist and while it was still wet and using the same paper towel I buffed the raised pattern a little more.
I LOVE THE OUTCOME.
I simply used double stick tape to cover the mirror with it.
Then onto the next part.
Remember when I made the fake typewriter keys. Well I finally used those last night.
I made the little pennant banner for the advice box.
There were fits and redo's (but no curse words) on this, but I am happy with this outcome too.
I cut the larger pennant shapes from a dark teal paper. (note these are not large at all, the paper was cut to a 3x21/2 inch rectangle.)
Then smaller pennant shapes from assorted scraps.
I punched scalloped borders from even more scraps.
Glue it all together. Add the fake typewriter keys - some vintage buttons.
String it all on a wire with more buttons separating the pennants.
Here's a detail
And the final shot.
The lace will most likely go away -- not sure yet what the final display will look like, but for now - it is marked off the to do list.
I have to say - the faked typewriter keys and that embossed paper are pretty much a tie for favorite in this one.
Have a happy Halloween -----