Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Falling for.......

Back in July, I posted this picture. I had run up on a huge tin of this single ply yarn. Yummy colors - fun stuff. This made me happy just to look at in this jumbled heap. But my emotional health requires me to make stuff. Add to that the complication of not sitting still well at all. Then toss in the fact that I do a lot of sitting - at lots of events, meetings, etc.


I found a pattern for a wagon wheel block. I worked out all the details and posted a tutorial on the pattern back on August 23. (Ellen made some from the tutorial) I have traveled with this cute little metal lunchbox for weeks now.

Yesterday I showed you the "almost" picture. 50 of those little gems arranged in the final layout.

When I left work and went home the evening light and the temperature were stunning. One of the most gorgeous days in a long time. Both girls were at events/practice. The front porch has a true western exposure and the light was fabulous. So out to the porch swing I go and for about an hour, this was my pose.


My hands - working and surrounded in color. (Miss Molly came home and took these.)



After that time - it is almost too dark to work comfortably. But look at it - All I like is adding the tassels.



This is pinned to the board and sprayed damp to block it. I will be adding varigated tassels. I am so excited with how this turned out. There will be a lot more stuff made with this yarn - it is fun to work with the small scale of it. There are also some soft neutrals as well.

Trim for bedding - need to see how this will wash repeatedly before I do that.
Accent pillows
Scarf trim
Bright colored garland for a tree.
Any other ideas??????

It was quiet out on the porch but I was not alone. Just look at these sweet faces......



Molly with Junior .... this is our youngest cat. We have three. This one and an orange marmalade male named Red who is the Daddy of this monster and her Mom, Almond, a splotchy mix very similar to Junior. Junior is playful and funny - aren't all kittens - Almond is snuggly and purrs continually - and Red - he is antisocial to the point that we kind of just ignore him like he ignores us.

I hope you all have a fab day.

5 comments:

Vallen said...

What beautiful hands you have.
The squares are glorius together, what a riot of color.

LaurenSmash said...

oooh garland for a tree sounds awesome! I need to stop being in Christmas mode for a minute :)

Anonymous said...

Your blocks are coming together nicely. Junior is adorable!

ellen said...

Beautiful blocks and I hope that a beautiful life follows.

kristin said...

i can't get over how tiny the squares are!! it's beautiful!!