Sunday, November 16, 2014

share a little love


Hello there. Teresa from MaggieGraceCreates here, bringing up the end of a week of the Lovely Layers challenge. 

It has suddenly turned cold in the southern USA, but until this weekend it has been a beautiful fall. This is my favorite time of the year and my card drew inspiration from the lovely fall color. 



I used the Fancy Leaf Sweetcuts Die and cut several assorted fall color pieces. To my card base I added a favorite piece of embossed paper slightly offset from the center of the card. Along the edge of the embossed paper, I started with my Leaves and simply adhered them in place with a tiny bit of Glastique just below the leaf area, leaving the leaves loose. I cut some of these in reverse so that my leaves twisted and turned both directions. After these dried, I bent and curled the layers of leaves and added a tiny little textured yarn bow.


I also used the Mossy Glen and Real Rust embossing powders to randomly layer and cover the Love Word Accent from Globecraft and Piccolo. Again I used the Glastique to adhere this to the card.



Here is a side angle shot showing how the leaves are dimensional from the card front.





No comments: