Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Something I hope to find.......

Looks unassuming enough, doesn't it. A large popcorn tin. Sitting with the other cheap tins in the thrift store. I was looking for square tins to use for packaging for goodie box prizes for a BINGO Relay for Life fundraiser and this was in the way of one. I pushed it to the side and it was heavier than I expected. You know what happens then....

Your heart races - glance both ways to see if anyone is looking - and you ease the lid open. Gasp - slam lid closed and grab the thing and race to the check out. I bought a few cigar boxes, Some scrabble games and this. Happily hand the old man at the checkout the 16.00 he asked for and run to the truck.

Then was too busy to really investigate the contents until I got home last night. I took the tin's picture on my kitchen porch. Then helped the man at my address move the wood heater. Cooked supper. Took the Softball Princess to the FCA meeting. All the while craving the time to open this "bucket"

Finally - late last night I opened it.



Oh yeah - buttons - including a complete sales sample sheet.

I had a wonderful time going through them. I bottled up some and sent home to Molly's boyfriend's mom.

Now for the real reason for this post name. I piled yarn - floss - and fabric scraps on a stack of debris in the yard. This morning I saw a bird fly by with a colorful bit in it's beak. I hope to find a colorful bird nest in the nearby woods soon.

Have a wonderful day.






2 comments:

Roxie said...

Those kind of hidden treasures bring joy to one's life. Way to go!

ellen said...

Oh, boy am I jealous!