Thursday, March 05, 2009

Roses Are Red - I mean beige

Fold Staple Fluff - Fold Staple Fluff - over and over and you get a box that looks like THIS ....

Pretty just like it is. The guys at work discarded two boot boxes with nice little carrying handles. You know the crafter in me had to grab them to use to carry and store crap in.

After I made all of these - I added pipe cleaner stems.

Poke - Fold - Twist.

Then book page leaves. Cut out using a cardboard template and tracing it - yes - I did these the old fashioned way. I love my die cut machine - but it sure did feel great to have paper and scissors in hand.


Hot glue - craft wire - masking tape. Makes a fairly good sized pile of leaves. I used the only floral experience I have to wrap these little bundles.


Add leaves to stems - more masking tape wrapping. Watching the Real World on MTV (confessions of mindless stupidity). Result - beautiful bundles of paper roses. 50 individual stems - bundles are for temporary convenience - I'll show you on Monday how I used these.

But - just in case you want to see this - here is a single rose just for you - sorry so dark - I took this in the house at 1 AM this morning.



I wont be here tomorrow - I'll be at our classic center setting up for a grueling weekend of work ---- be back Monday.
I do have to say - mass immersion in craft has helped my mental outlook more than any drug or drink I might indulge in. Off to do more of this.
Have a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

Raesha D said...

These are SO pretty!!! I'm going to have to try and make some. Goodness knows I've got pattern paper and old book pages up the wazoo. :)