Tuesday, January 07, 2014

ONE WORD FOR 2014 "INTENTIONAL"


The angel and deer image is from the Graphics Fairy.

intentional: *done with intention or purpose  *intended  

2013 was the year for DO - and it was super productive. 
I did accomplish a lot of things.
And it was perfect for the way life handed things our way. 
But a LOT of what was done was in a reactionary way. 

As the end of the year approached, I realized that there were many things I did not accomplish.
Because I was too busy "DO"ing.

It was the Universe's way of telling me that I needed yet another active year,
But that in addition to spurring on action, my word needed a little fine tuning. 

I need to DO, BE, ACT, with a purpose. 

As I prayed - and pondered - and on, November 23, I came up with my word.

INTENTIONAL, INTENTION, INTENT
use whatever version you choose. 

I've a list of things I wish to accomplish. 
I've a calender / planner with some strategic dates already penciled in. 
I've a list of steps already going to get these things rolling. 
I've started a Devotional study written for those participating in the ONE WORD format.
One of the biggest things is that I will intentionally be gracious and kind to MYSELF.
I've claimed that Life Is Beautiful and am living in an intentional way to celebrate that fact.
I've made progress already towards these goals.
I know I will fail on things - I will start again anew when I do.
I know I will stumble - I will pick myself up, dust myself off, and like a toddler just learning to walk - say UH-OH, and go at it again.

INTENTIONAL
(with purpose to succeed)

LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL
LET's CELEBRATE THAT FACT.







No comments: