Friday, July 26, 2013

Summer fun.....

It has rained in northeast Georgia for weeks now. Leaving us trapped inside A LOT.  Fortunately, Iv'e been quite busy playing in MaggieGrace World.

There has been play with glitter and glue.


Some serious paper and string play too.

A little bit of fabric and handwork fun.


Then there was one full day of pretty weather.

The table below was the bridal party table at my daughters wedding in December.  I have all this stuff still around the house. See that pretty "tin" piece under the lamps. Yes I even kept those. They were created from anaglypta wallpaper. I painted them with various spray paints to look like tin ceilings.


And my booth at Junk in the Trunk is in need of a new display.

I am also very determined to lose some "stash weight"

So I scrounged around and found a cutout from an oval whirlpool deck. I was going to paint it, but then I remembered that I had those wallpaper "tin" squares. And since my artistic focus is RECYCLED AND REPURPOSED, I decided to try and use those pieces.

I chopped of the bottom of the cutout.

I lay the "tin" squares out on it. (Making sure I had enough - let's just say I've been guilty of not doing this little step in the past)


Dappled sunlight on the front porch  - scissors - spray adhesive - brayer --a couple of hours in the muggy nasty heat and I had this. (to quote a comment from my facebook - a big knight's shield).

I stood back - and decided quickly that using those squares was genius.

Shelves for books were required and,  at my grown up girl job, we get pipe with these hardwood bands securing the shipments. So I snagged the chop saw and cut a few bands to length. A sample paint pot of a color called TWINE and painted the shelves.

I really wanted to mount them with L-brackets --- and again went to the wedding decor items. I took apart the barrel of bamboo that was outside the venue and reused the brackets and screws from that project.

Here is the resulting display.

Those huge shelves are on my porch ---- waiting for their move into my living room and dining room. One set is 7 feet tall by 11' long and the other is shorter but the same height.

They came from an old store building. See that story here.

I'm hoping this post  finds you having a beautiful life.

No comments: