Monday, December 05, 2016

Kindness Quilt Square #2

It only takes ONE person, and ONE act of kindness, to inspire others and create change.
@jennifer_hogan

That quote illustrates a great way to live and one thing I have discovered in the 
creative blogging community, is that they are some of the most
generous and kind people around. 

My friend Vicki, over at the 2 Bags Full blog is one of those wonderful
people.  

So when I was invited to be a part of her KINDNESS QUILT PROJECT, I was thrilled and honored to participate. An immediate "YES' was my answer. 

4 squares - crochet and embellished.

Roughly 6 inches square. 

These will be gathered by Vicki, assembled, and gifted to a special person. 

What a wonderful way to share our love of creating with others. 

I immediately went to work. 

Details from Square #2




The base is crocheted from a soft, baby sweater yarn that I had leftover from a baby blanket.
(I've also used it in a Moogly Sweater that I made) 

It matched some sweet rose fabric scrap that I had. I actually think that this is the very last bit of this fabric. 

I took some beautiful coordinating Perle Cotton and crocheted an edging around the oval rose cutout from that fabric. Giving it a "frame" effect.

A tiny PEACE advertising token from an insurance company was attached along with a vintage button and a blossom from a silk hydrangea. 



I then beaded a tiny little butterfly (or moth) and attached that as well.



I mounted the framed rose a bit off center to allow the colorful striping to be seen . 


A fairly quick and simple square. 


No comments: