Friday, December 02, 2016

My Kindness Quilt Square #1

It only takes ONE person, and ONE act of kindness, to inspire others and create change.
@jennifer_hogan

That quote illustrates a great way to live and one thing I have discovered in the 
creative blogging community, is that they are some of the most
generous and kind people around. 

My friend Vicki, over at the 2 Bags Full blog is one of those wonderful
people.  

So when I was invited to be a part of her KINDNESS QUILT PROJECT, I was thrilled and honored to participate. An immediate "YES' was my answer. 

4 squares - crochet and embellished.

Roughly 6 inches square. 

These will be gathered by Vicki, assembled, and gifted to a special person. 

What a wonderful way to share our love of creating with others. 

I immediately went to work. 

Here are the details of the very first square from me. 



A luscious, soft, pink cotton yarn. I crocheted in a single stitch basket weave pattern. 
(Looks like an Easter basket to me.) 

Once I had the base completed, I then set about embellishing.

I have made hundreds of these melty fabric flowers over the years, (here's a HOW TO link if you like) and I had these warm pink fabrics left over from making some for a wedding, so I made one for this block. 
( Trying to be stashsourceful, so I made all four blocks from assorted stash materials.) 



The flower kind of disappeared against my base, so I crocheted a circle for the "leaves"

I went to the scrap box for a bit of linen and added a bit of cross stitch to this. 

That little glass button was gleaned from my "favorites" jar. 


I then called this one complete. 

Although, Vicki may add more embellishment to it as she assembles the entire quilt. 


Again, I am so honored to have been asked about being a contributor to this project. 

I'll be back in a few days with the next block. 

Have a fabulous weekend. 

Life is crazy beautiful

No comments: