Monday, March 12, 2012

I do still make stuff

I have been doing things. I've been cleaning and putting away stuff. I've been creating some things. I've been junking for some supplies. I've been playing. I've spent time with friends. And with my mama. I've done a bit of creating things for the booth at Junk in the Trunk.

One thing I've been doing is painting these letters. The wooden letters were given to me by a friend - not really any words just various letters. I am painting them and finishing them randomly. The letter "P" below was stained with semigloss black stain and finish in one. After it dried, I spritzed it with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist route 66 - a special edition color. (I MUST order some more I love this one)

After I spritzed it, I shake and sling and generally get the glimmer mist on me and almost everything around. then I may spritz again. Then I dry it with the low setting on a hairdryer. I think it looks like rained on wood. After it's dry, I spray it with clear spray sealer.

I have done other with different paint and shaking and come up with totally different results.

What do you think???



I create these randomly, but as I was setting them up I noticed that I could give a reasonable idea of a word (yes, I know that is an ampersand) that why I said reasonable idea.

Got some red paint to do some as well.



I also love me some pinterest. I have several boards and on one of them I have pinned this.


Well - it was haunting me. I had picked up some chipboard books at Michaels (in the dollar bins).

I jumped on the idea and covered them with paper. Then added some buttons and lace. See below my take on the necklace displays.

I bundled the chain in the back and tied it with cotton thread.


Draped the chain over the points and voila.



By adding button magnets to the back, I was able to hang them on the tin that I screwed to the booth wall. ( I marked the board as NOT FOR SALE since they are a bit of a pain to assemble)

But boy do I like how they look on that wall.






I'll be pinning this picture to my "my booth at junk" and "inspired by a pin" boards. Thank you so much to SmartAleckStudio for this wonderful idea.


Have a great day. I promise I'll be back.


No comments: