Thursday, December 13, 2007

So this one is irreverent.......

Whew - yesterday was awful. We were hammered at work - people are starting to plan for after the holidays. Plumbers and builders know that many manufacturers will close for two weeks through the holiday. Shipping becomes an issue starting at Thanksgiving - according to UPS - they will deliver more packages from NOV-DEC than they deliver the rest of the year. So while we are slow in our day to day operations - showroom consultations and purchasing is wide open.

Anyway, knowing that I could be driven to drink at this time of the year, one of my customers sent me another tree decorating idea (remember - I used beer bottle caps for some of my creations) Just take a look ---------------


Coming soon to the corner window in my office. (not really - mine would look dead - Coors Light is in brown bottle). All of us may save bottles this next year and see if we can build one.

Next on the irreverent list - and this particular photo prompted a long and oh so pleasant conversation with this lovely lady. I received a package of goodness from her - I'm not patient so I ripped into it. Remember - I sent her a journal for her birthday. Seems she had already started on one for me. I'll be dropping pages in here as I need post fodder. This journal is wonderful - quotes and spaces for me to enter my own stuff. Now not only is MaryAnn incredibly talented, she teaches English and she could teach penmanship. I love to see her handwriting on an envelope or note. Thank you oh so much - my friend.

Here's the quote down the edge of one of my pages.........


Yes there is a huge amount of insider information contained in this, but it just fits the irreverent nature of this post.

Christmas is bearing down on us all. We will put up our tree this weekend - the girls have a party Friday Night and we have the Christmas Program and a party on Sunday - next week I have to get my stuff together - then I can relax.

Hope this finds you having a wonderful holiday season -- Merry Christmas All.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE that tree! I drink my share of Rolling Rock (green bottle) and would be happy to contribute if I can come see it completed. :)

Felicia said...

LOL! The perfect redneck Christmas tree :)

Very Mary said...

ha ha ha! That's a great quote to share IN THE INTERNET. hee hee:) I sure do love you, girl!