Friday, December 07, 2007

Project and Prezzies

Both my girls are in the art program at school. Abby is in beginning and Molly is a portfolio independant study student. They are in class together in first period. (this is a bit of a problem since Molly is a senior and Abby a freshman - there is a self imposed law against speaking to your sister in class- lol)

I have not seem much of Abby's work yet - so much is completed in class. But Molly is building her portfolio - so we see a lot of her stuff. This is the latest - almost finished - project. Her copy of Marc Chagall's "I and the Village" from his 1911 work. She will finish it this morning in class and turn it in today. This painting is fairly large - the poster behind/under it is a standard presentation poster size. I love this one and I normally am not a huge modern art fan of Chagall. The colors are wonderful and the imagry is fun. I just wanted to share her work.


Also a part of the assignment was a presentation poster. Look at the original print of the painting in the center. I think she has done a wonderful job with this duplication.

Now both girls are studying art. But it is Christmas and I have been in the craft mode. I previewed the beer bottle caps several days ago. Last night I finished the little images in 8 of them. I have them in this tiny wooden cigar box for now - but these already have new homes - as quick as I finish them all up. CIP ladies don't look too close.

The glass resin finish makes these hard to photograph - but the art critics at my house like them and so do I. I will be making more of these with lots of different images in them.

I didn't open package five from JEN - I am opening one every day and last night I had one that smelled too good to leave alone. Meet Lyric - we named her immediately. A hanging sachet bird - package number 6. OMG she smells wonderful and she is pretty too. I would love to have her in my linen chest, but then how could I look at her? So for now she is hanging on the china cabinet and I get a whiff as I walk by. By the way - the owl is Loretta - so now we have that "L" thing going on. When Lyric arrived - the trend was established so we focused on continuing that trend. Thanks again JEN.


The pattern on the dishes in the cabinet is Salem Petit Point although there are several unnamed patterns very similar. These baskets and flowers look like needlepoint and I collect them anywhere I can find them reasonably. I have some other needlepoint looking patterns and other colorways, but mostly these baskets and flower sprays.
I hope you all have a wonderful Friday - I am working on updating binders in the store. Tedious and aggravating work - albeit completely necessary.
Have a great weekend too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing Molly's art work....beautiful colors and what a nice work. Very talented girl. Hope to see some of Abby's work soon. Have a great weekend. H & A.

Jessi Nagy said...

i love your bottlecaps. ive made some little ones in the past. used diamond glaze as a finish. WHAT do you por in there that sets up so nice?? is it glass, plastic? awesome!!!
jessi nagy

Elizabeth Prata said...

Molly's repro is hugely impressive. What fantastic work!