Friday, September 02, 2011

SIMPLY SIMPLE SEPTEMBER #2

You would think that simple would be easy.

But as we all know - anything really worth having is worth the effort it take to get it.

I live in the Southern USA - North Georgia. I can tell fall is coming, just a hint of it in the evening air. The light has started that color change that speaks to many of us - often as a whisper - "hang on, cooler weather coming. " No real fall color yet but if you pay attention you can see and feel the signs.

Yesterday afternoon included a walk. Just a few minutes from work is a hidden gem. A path, that leads to a secluded feeling pond. I took my camera (muttering something about being a blogger and that I wanted to grab a few pictures)

Somehow when I look for details that I would otherwise miss, my mind settles into a more simple frame of reference. The busyness of the day falls away with that shift in my focus.

I uploaded the pictures - you will be seeing them over the next few days.

This morning I edited this one - a close up of some Alder Tree Catkins.
Look at the detail I didn't notice until I started color shifting things in PICNIK. There is a tiny spider web in and around these.

So today I am terming - THINGS AREN'T ALWAYS BEST VIEWED IN COLOR - AND THEY ARE DEFINITELY NOT ALWAYS BLACK AND WHITE.

Today's SIMPLE SEPTEMBER thing is to notice details. Just notice. And then let me know what you notice.


No comments: