Thursday, October 20, 2011

What if I die?

I know. That's a creepy post title. And, I wish I could take credit for it. But I stole it from Mary over at the green paper blog. Mary collects and shares vintage ephemera and scans of her things. It is a beautiful blog for us paper hoarders.

There you go - I said it. I am a hoarder. I collect stuffs. If you read through MaggieGrace from the beginning, you will spot the "i really need to get rid of stash stuff and use what I have and quit collecting and and and" pattern.

Well, without the actual cost of some serious couch sessions with a qualified therapist I may never get well. Just joking. In the last 18 months there have been some major changes in my life that have made me really pay attention to things. (cancer is a fine perspective builder)

Then reading Mary's post yesterday really resonated in my soul. Go on - click over and read what I'm speaking of.

I have stuffs. Lot's of stuffs. And I KNOW my girls will not hesitate to chunk it in the dumpster if I were to die. Hopefully some of you crafty friends will show up to rescue some of it. There's a list of names and numbers if you want to sign up for a phone call "just in case."

I'm getting ready for a Market and I went and grabbed a box of "GOOD STUFF" last night. I took a really deep breath and jumped in.




The results of using the "one of a kinds" out that box were wonderful. See the oriental girl in the center - thats a bookmark. The heavy textured paper in the background - a composition book sized piece was right there in the "nice papers" stack. Some stamps I was saving - a piece of Chinese Joss Paper - a textured die cut.

And then it all sang. See!!!





Now I was off and running - On the next one I determined to use all "one piece left" of my paper stash. I love this one. Let me repeat --- I love this one.


Now for a huge thank you to my buddy Tipper. Tipper blogs over at The Blind Pig and the Acorn and she is just a super nice lady. I love it when you meet a blogger friend in a "for real" setting and they are just as nice or even nicer than you expected.

Well several weekends ago, we took a little trip to the John C. Campbell fall festival and I took some stainless flatware to Tipper's daughter. She has been making rings and since I don't use the stainless for my bracelets and pendants, I was looking for a way to use the ones I had accumulated. Yesterday the most perfect and wonderful spoon ring showed up on my doorstep.  I love it. It fits my index finger perfectly and has a wonderful reminder on it.

A "D" - Now I know there is no obvious reason for me to wear a "D" monogram, but Tipper chose it as a reminder to me. See the "D" stands for "daring" and she wants to remind me to be daring enough to go for the kind of life I want to have.

Thank you Tipper and Chitter. I love it.

I am blessed - I am loved - I am sure of both those things in my life.

No comments: