Tuesday, March 05, 2013

as for me and my house......


This sweet young couple is getting hitched. I've known Luke since he was a toddler. Chazlyn is just so sweet and they are adorable together.

Our church is giving them a bridal shower on Sunday and I am in charge of the decor (imagine that).

Well I saw this image pinned to her Pinterest.






And that set me on the direction for the decorations.

These are the preliminary ideas and were made on my work table (thank you Crusty Old Guy for adapting that table for my sudio IT IS PERFECT)




Each round table will have white cloths and a kraft paper runner. Then these centerpiece toppers. The rustic crosses are short pieces of grapevine, wired together. and topped with a heart at the intersection. I really like these crosses.

I made several and will most likely make a few more.



Those pretty individual hydrangea blooms are silk and I have stamped them. Each has three and are stamped  - FAITH - HOPE - LOVE.



I've already posted the birdhouse (it will go home with the lovely bride) I will be displaying it elevated on a wooden box and there will be a tiny bit more detail added to the display. This will be on the main food table.

I'll post final pictures next week. But right now I think I am on the way to capturing the "feel" of that pin.

Did I mention that I really like these wooden crosses???

Have a blessed, full of joy, full of thanksgivings kind of day.


No comments: