Monday, May 15, 2006

ATC Update

I have tried for two hours to upload photos to go with this post but Blogger just will not cooperate.

As of the time of this post - I have 18 sets to make. I will post when the 50 number is reached.

Thank you for the comments on the ATC post. Looks like I have some work to do. You can let your friends know about this challenge for me and "indulgence" for you. I have had some questions from my non-artist friends.

Tammie emailed me one of the most coherent descriptions of what a blog is. Technically it is a weblog - in my case a sporadic journal of creation, an ongoing record of events etc. As this goes on, I don't know what it will become, but it sure is a challenge to let this little bit of myself become so public. I still like Tammie's description " Heck, I'm not even sure I totally understand what a blog is other than a snapshot into someone's life."

As to those of my friends who asked what an ATC is. It is a tiny piece of artwork made just to share. The size is the same as a baseball trading card 2-1/2 x3-1/2 inches. Some people sell them but the truest definition is to trade or share with no monetary value. They can be art in any medium as long as they are the ATC defined size.

The challenge for me is visually telling a story in a single image or series of images.

Some people collect them in regular trading card albums - i have some of those - or frame special ones. Some artists make one original and create digital reproductions for printing. For this challenge each of you will receive original artwork. I will be saving the digital images but you get the original.

I am so excited to get started today on this. The first set will be for JEN B. Words only for this one.

Her words will be

LAUGH GIGGLE PLAY

Let's see what comes of these.

Have a great day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I define a blog as an online journal with phots that you can comment on. It's different then a website that's only about givinfg you information or selling you something. Blogs are journal post you can interact with. That's my 2 cents and how I expalined it to my mom :D

Anonymous said...

SHOOT! I could correct my typos!

sarah said...

thanks so very much for your lovely words, thinking of you for the 17th x

maggiegracecreates said...

carolyn - i have always said if i could spell - i could type a lot faster.

jen v said...

yay! can't wait for my atc's. thank you so much!