Wednesday, May 17, 2006

WOW

When I started with swaps I had no idea what wonderful people I would meet through them. I have received and sent items all over the world. I have linked to blogs all over the world. I have been inspired and encouraged by all of you.

I had no idea that starting my own blog would let people see into me like it already has. My Indie Secret Pal has been spoiling me so much. And the note that came with this envelope of goodies said that she looked at my blog and saw that I liked papers and trims, so she sent me some. There's lace, stickers, and paper --- wonderful stuff. And all stuff I would have bought for me so she was right on target. And a previous package had this wonderful wire and bead bookmark. (There have been many other goodies, cards, jewelry) I am so spoiled. Thanks you so much MAA. I hope to return this favor with RAK and send you some stuff.


Yesterday my oldest daughter, Molly, opened a swap package while on the phone with me. I talk to them when they get home from school everyday. Conversation went like this.

molly - Oh My God, Mom its paper.

me - Paper?

molly - Lot's of paper. It's all so pretty. And stuff the lady made. I don't see a name. Mom its soooo pretty . Can I use some of it?

me - Let me at least look at it first.

See - my girls are creative people too. Thanks Theresa Smythe from rock-paper-scissors for a HUGE package of scrapbook fever goodies. The funniest part is that she included a set of tags that I had already added to the birthday wish list for the family to get me. I hope this stack stays together long enough for a photo. It was wonderful.

Thanks to those who sent quotes for the ATC Indulgence. Thanks to all those who have left comments on my blog. Thanks to those who share themselves on their blog. ATC count today is 23 so keep telling your friends, I really would like to have 50.

As I scroll back - I see that a lot of these photos have the same background. I take most of these in the window at work. The light is beautiful and I have clear glass vessel lavatories hanging there so I have the colored light through them in the mornings. The wide window ledge is perfect for photos.

1 comment:

Very Mary said...

Foiled! I found your comment on my blog, so I guess the "secret" part of the Indie Swap is out of the bag:) hee hee! Hard to be sneaky in blog land! I sent more goodies out this weekend - hope they arrive soon!