Friday, September 14, 2007

A good haul



So June - July and August are over. I was in the thrift store neighborhood and I dropped in. Just look what 8.00 bought.

A wedding favor kit - complete. (I wonder if they bought too many or just called it off) I'll be using these in other ways of course.

A vintage style wedding book. Showcasing many dress, decor, flower and music ideas for a vintage style wedding. I think this would be either a greet reference book or something to cut up as mixed media fodder.

A German music book. Featuring the sonatas of Mozart? In really bad shape, but will be great for collage and other paper products. It's missing pages. But the music printing is lovely. I'm thinking covering a treasure cone for my sweet and sinister swap partner.

White cotton yarn - slighty dirty but hey its cotton. Thinking trim for a baby coat I am making for a friend using a pattern from the Bend the Rules Sewing book.

A huge spool of flat braid trim. White. Who knows where all this will surface???

Two adorable kitchen towels. White and pink floral trimmed. Not vintge but still has that feel.

A yard of linen blend fabric. I am a fabric whore so this is just stash fill.

Some stamp mounts - mixed media work.

not pictured - a white frosted bauble - this too will be part of the sweet and sinister swap stuff.

And lastly - my favorite - four coffee cups. I have looked at these and picked these up over and over at this store. I kept putting them back (I really don't need these) but they just kept being there. And I caved.

Anyway - lay it all out on the counter - they lovely young lady says that will be 8.24 and Off we go. Some of these items already are on their way to their new homes. Some are in a stack waiting for me to work with them.

It was a good day for thrifting. I often see such cool stuff on others blogs and I think there must be a better thrift culture in their area, then I have a day like this.

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend.

8 comments:

Darla said...

Good for you! Those are cute cups, I can see why you couldn't pass them up.

Darla

Roxanne said...

Oh yeah, you had to have those cups! Perfect for afternoon coffee with friends in your studio!

Anonymous said...

Fine haul indeed.

Vallen said...

I love the cups. I would have caved the first time I saw them.

Anonymous said...

Excellent finds!

Jean said...

Nothing beats getting good deals! If those cups were there that long you just had to get them!

Raesha D said...

HOw fun!! I'll join you in the Fabric Whore club:)

Very Mary said...

I had a fabulous thrifting day too, and apparently so did Roxanne! Viva thrifting!