Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A life less ordinary ...


Graffiti - This struck me as the question to ponder today?
The answer to this for me today - I am simply an ordinary woman - no super human abilities - but yes "I am a good idea" and I am unwilling to have just an ordinary life.
I have wants - deep and strong wants.
I have needs - the kind that no one understands.
I have fears - demonic and huge and heavy.
I have dreams - the kind of things that seem just out of my reach.
I have reality - those tiny little things that hinge and unhinge the universe.
In pondering this - I am finding that the power inside me has spent way too many years being controlled by others. There has been too much energy spent catering myself to what others expected. It takes too much work to hide who I really am. I have spent too long waiting for others to see the real me or waiting for them to care that she need to be nurtured.
I am 42 years old and it is high time I really ditch all of the negative voices in my head. I have ditched the majority of those negatives outside me - others who drag me down. Now I am working on the internal battle. Those who are closest to me are sometimes very hurt by this battle - they are convinced that I am walking away from them. And that may be the outcome - --
But if I am to be the best me, I have to get rid of the problems I have with hurting them.
I really want to say - I am not the same woman I used to be. I will not settle for ordinary. I will move and shake the world around me into a better place for me. If you are unwilling to walk with me - so be it - I don't expect you to. If the powerful strong me scares you - that's your demon - not mine. If you don't like who I really am, I'm sorry I have misled you this long by hiding behind what I knew you expected me to be. Hang on - this is gonna be one helluva ride.
Sorry for all that heaviness. Now for fun stuff.
I went to www.flickr.com this morning. Search for my town (Comer, Georgia) just to see what kinds of pictures show up. Not really expecting anything. I found this. Not only do I know where it is - it mine - and it was posted by someone else. Try it - loads of fun. I tried several places - that I am familiar with - so much fun to see what others find worthy of a photograph - for whatever reason - in an area. Let me know what you find.

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

That is so cool that you found a picture of your own barn! What are the chances! I found lots of cool pictures of my city as well...nothing that I actually own, but lots of things I recognized. Thanks for the tip!

Mrs. G. said...

Lovely post...you sound like a seriously good idea.