Thursday, September 27, 2007

Karma - good versus bad

eta - Crazy Sexy Cancer - the documentary by Kris Carr is scheduled for airing on Discovery Health on October 8th at 8pm eastern time. If you are not aware of this young woman's inspirational story, take a side trip to www.crazysexycancer.blogspot.com and/or look at the trailer at www.crazysexycancer.com. I missed the first airing but I will be watching on Monday night. Please pass this information around the blogworld.


Yesterday, one of my customers needed an item that I did not have. My previous employer did have it in stock and I relayed that information to him. Said customer does not want to go there if at all possible so he asked me to go and pick it up on a purchase order for him. This is not an uncommon request, and we try to keep our customers out of the competition's store if possible, so off I went.

As I took the exit off of our loop, I sensed the stress factor in my body increasing. When I walked in the counter sales area, I could actually feel the bad vibes in the store. This was overwhelming to me. I could not believe how I was being affected. Even more so, I cannot believe I went into that every day for 4 years.

I called LBF and mentioned the sensation. The heaviness and stress I felt. He has recently left the same place for a new job. His comment back - "I feel so much better since I got out of there."

Now I have a question for you guys - Can a place have bad karma? I firmly believe that it can. I know that some peoples homes just "feel" good. In others you can sense the discomfort. Are you sensitive to that feeling? How do you think your home feels?

I want my home to welcome all who enter and I will be honest. Right now I do not think that it does. There is a scattered mess everywhere. Some of the furniture is shabby looking (need to replace the sofa desperately). The paint colors are darker than I would like. I have put off some of the redecorating I need to do, in order to work on the studio.

The feeling I had at that store yesterday has triggered a serious drive to get some things done. Now I have blogged it and that makes me accountable for making progress on it.

Now for the fun stuff.

I came home last night and had two packages on the kitchen porch. Completely unexpected packages. Return address is Miss Scissors Paper Glue - see sidebar. Lookie here ladies. Tons of fun. Goodies. OMG - thanks Jen.


I dumped it all out - and smacked the 17 year old hands away (see picture) and started going through it. Amazing. Affirming. So much fun. Thanks again Jen.



Because of the way I dumped everything out, I did not find this until later. Look at the cute note she sent. This note goes in the inspiration book. Too much fun. I can't wait to see what comes of these goodies.

I have some of the greatest bloggie buds anywhere. Thanks again Jen.

I try to be generous with my time, talents, and material blessings. I think that generosity adds to the blessings of the universe. I am blessed beyond measure by all of you as well.

I am also a little star struck this morning. Sandra Evertson left a comment on yesterday's post. I love her work. Somerset Studio. I read the comments and looked at her name. I back linked to her blog and yes it is her. I love getting comments from all of my friends - I have MET so many wonderful people here and I hope to meet many more in the future. Thank you Sandra, for making my day.

I hope all of you have a wonderful Thursday. Tonight you will find me at the softball field. Then later I will be at the dining room table - creating.

Have a beautiful day.


3 comments:

Vallen said...

Can you believe she sent such great stuff and so much of it. I got a big ol' envelope too!! We are family!!!!

Janice said...

I think Karma comes from the people in the house not the things. Who cares if the sofa is shabby or the walls are too dark, it's the people that count.
What a fabulous goody bag you got. Bloggers are great.

Elizabeth Prata said...

I definitely believe that places have vibes. Stores, homes, even whole towns can feel good or feel bad. Even though we are people, we are animals too, and the hair stands up on our arms or our neck just like our 4-legged friends' do, to indicate danger. I believe when we get those feelings it's a communication from the soul.

Your goodie bad looks luscious! Hope you had fun creating last night.