Thursday, September 20, 2007

I love these kids.....

Many of you know that I have been active in the youth and children of our church for many years. I was even the youth director for several. I pulled completely away from it back early in the spring. I have missed these kids.


I recently started working with them again in some ways. I have just ressurected the toddler Sunday School Class. 3 and 4 year olds. I also have been drafted into service for the Chirstmas Program. Last night I handled the elementary school bunch.

We discussed helping people through prayer and encouragement. We also started a banner to send to St. Louis to a man who has been paralyzed in a work accident.


Each of the kids was given a batch of cards to decorate. After the glue dries I will add lettering and string these into a banner with an encouraging message.


Nothing like paint - glitter - glue to keep some kids busy.


This has been missing from my life. I didn't even know I missed it. I love these kids.



I am tickled to share a small quote from a blog post of another lovely. I am determined to live this life less ordinary and you really need to take this side trip to see the entire journal entry from a 17 year old. If we all would absorb even a tiny bit of what this kid (actually his mom) has to share with us, everyone's life would be so much better.

a tiny bit of the journal entry....

just remember that the people around you do not make you who you are, you choose who you are around those people."
Written by Darryl Harris Aged 17 years.


So take a trip and see. INSPIRED READING

Today I have on the feel good clothes - feminine, soft, slightly bohemian - and yes there has been much teasing about my attire. I have just endured all of the "funny looking clothes" comments. As a part of the decision to live less ordinary - I will wear those things that make me feel like me. Love the way this all feels so I really don't care what anyone thinks.

I hope you have a wonderful day.

No comments: