Thursday, September 13, 2007

I am glad it ain't yesterday no more


This is the pasture right across the road from me. I took this as I was leaving for work today. Fog - stunning and beautiful - early it was a pink fog. My grandmother used to say "red sky in the morning, sailors take warning." Maybe this means we are going to get some rain.

Last bit of whining for yesterday. Crappy day. Late for work - hit the ground running - people cussed - freight was late - Frick and Frack (the internet guys) show up to perform a 15 minute hardware upgrade - we handwrote tickets for 5 hours while they worked on it - they went to lunch and left us without computers - we spent the afternoon and early evening catching things up in the computer. Off to church (great meal) I go into the studio to hang a few pieces of insulation and find that the squirrels and cats have pulled all the seam tape off the walls and ceilings - so I redo that. At 9:30 I gave up and went to bed.

Today is much better. I feel irrational today, and I still have a headache ---- but I am better. The headache is a hormone imbalance thing. Once the doctor found the tumour last week, he took me off the medication I have taken for years to reduce my cancer recurrance risk. Seems this prevention medication can cause the type of tumour they found. The also put me norinthedrone (a different hormone) - supposed to shrink this tumour slightly. So I am just completely out of hormonal whack. All of these symptoms should slowly subside according to the medical professionals - over the next couple of months - then the surgery and I will be completely free of the artificial hormone zone. (they will leave my ovaries)

I did get a little done on the ammo box. Molly is beside herself waiting for this one to be finished, just to see if you guys think it is as cool as she does. I also have another fun storage idea for itty bitty stuff that I will share.

I am finished waiting for the man to finish the barn. There are many things I can do out there and I have jumped in and just started them. I may not be as quick or efficient as he is and it may not be "up to his standard" but by golly - it will be closer to done. I have been working on this for a year and I am ready to be done. I really would like to feel like my stuff is as important as every thing else (yes Mr Atkinson even Megan took precedence over me - total side track here) I would like to know that my dreams are supported - even shared - by significant others. But I have given up that hope. I will simply pursue them in my own way.

Because of the surgery, I have pulled out of the fall festival. I also have not purchased my ticket for the habitat dinner and auction. I will be donating an artwork to the auction - a doll bed, mattress, pillow, bedding and the wagon wheel square blanket. I am not a doll maker so I will probably put a teddy bear in the bed and call the donation - "baby bear's bed was just right." The bed will be made from recycled wood. Painted with child safe acrylic paint. Mom is covering the mattress (cut from an old chair cushion) and pillow with vintage ticking and everything else will be made with thrifted or vintage materials. I should finish the blanket this weekend.

I do hope this post finds you having a good day. Mine is so much better than yesterday.

1 comment:

Vallen said...

Quick, go read this blog - durfwadmanor.blogspot.com
You will laugh and laugh.