Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Repurposed again

If you read regularly, you know that I am a huge believer in use, reuse, repurpose, reinvent, recycle. I love the hunt of yard sales and thrift stores. Really love those places you go and have to dig for the treasures you find. You know where things are likely to be grungy (sometimes even gross) and need a little extra TLC before they can be used.

I have a shot glass shelf for stamps and ink - lovely pasta jars for pipe cleaners - I use a coke crate for holding my make up and other beauty potions. Lots of various repurposed things. I am using an old cabinet from the house my inlaws set up housekeeping in when they married many years ago as storage in the studio. I have others waiting in the wings for the studio as well.

We have a lot of the insulation done for the studio. The wiring is almost complete. The big cabinet is in its final resting place. I now get to learn how to reglaze old windows before they can be installed.

I have 95 percent of Miss MaryAnn's gift packaged and ready for shipment. I have 3/5 of the doll blanket squares finished. I started the quilting on the cowboy quilt. And - this one's almost miraculous - I vacuumed out my truck.

Anyway - back to the commentary on repurposed containers. These are some of my favorites. I found these vases for 1.00 each somewhere. They are flat backed and you can stack them that way to appear round. I use them side by side in the bathroom - for toothbrushes and toothpaste. I love the embossed dogwood flowers and the milk glass type of material.

What do you repurpose - reuse - recycle at your house? Do you look for those kinds of things just for that reason? Does it thrill you to find something and just "know" that it will work in another way?

Hope you all had a great weekend - and a lovely day.



3 comments:

Vallen said...

Ah, dogwood blossoms, one of my favorites.

Roxanne said...

I love this kind of thing! It's my favorite part of thrifting! I think even if I was a millionaire I would still hunt for bargains to repurpose. (Then I could hire out the painting!)

Very Mary said...

First of all, I love the sneak peeks! Second, I'm a container whore. I love them. All of them. Tall ones, fat ones, white ones, red ones, broken ones...Have you ever been to The Container Store? If not, it's going to be our first date. Sigh. Containers upon containers.