Thursday, March 13, 2008

Good God That's Green

Edit to Add --- Go over here and sign up - OMG this quilt is stunning and Dana is giving it away. - So hurry and register ya'll.

Yes that yarn is absolutely that green (maybe even more so). This is the beginning of a single bed sized afghan. Simple double crochet pattern. More opportunity to use up some yarn that has found its way into my stash. I'll be doing one to five rows of rainbow colors as I dig them out of the stash for this one.

I really like the pattern a lot. This one will more than likely end up as the "blanket" miss Molly takes off to college with her. We will see.

I am behind again on CIP mailers. Tonight is a work night for all of that. Feeling scattered and unproductive - although I am working diligently on things.

Full studio update coming soon. I have the shelf across the back wall primed and that is the first thing I will attack when I arrive home tonight. A coat of the final paint color will go on that one. I have decided to use a barn red paint. (influenced by the fact that I already have enough of the paint.) Using what I have - has truely become a way of existence for me. More about that - in paying myself for using what I have, the extra expense of washing clothes at the laundromat has been offset. I simply go to that box for the quarters I need for the trip. Very seldom have I had to dig into the "real" money. That is a huge bonus.

Statement left here because I can hear what is going on at our counter. Most men are complete pigs. None of these guys would talk this way at home, but that seem to think it appropriate for semi public discussion. Not a good start to my day - aggravated by the crude behavior around me. I will not allow them to know because that just causes escalation of the deal.

For those of you who leave me comments - thank you so much - you are wonderful to me. I love hearing from each of you and I treasure the friends I have made through this medium.

Have a wonderful day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm leaving a comment! :D I don't have anything useful to say at the moment but I enjoy your blog and you deserve a comment. :)

I have to learn to crochet one day!

Vallen said...

Can't wait to see the blanket for Molly. I think I will miss hearing about her adventures when she's off to college.

maggiegracecreates said...

ANN- you are so sweet. I am happy you come here frequently. We will put crochet lessons on the art retreat.


VALLEN - I'm gonna miss her adventures so much too.

ellen said...

I am so happy for you that your long desired studio is about to BE! Hooray for you.
You are an amazing person who does so many thing so well.

Darla said...

My first thought was that you were making something for St. Patty's day. A blanket of bright rainbow colors sound like the perfect thing for someone away from home to wrap up in.

Darla