Tuesday, March 04, 2008

I am not dead -- just disabled

Really - seems a nasty flu bug got all of us AND my computer. I have had both the girls down with the flu and I have been working despite the fever and chills I have had. MY computer - I had all my registry contaminated and have spent the better part of 15 hours putting all that back to where it should be. But I am back --

The last two questions from readers on the earlier post----

MaryAnn asked what the meanest trick I ever played on the man at my address was.

My dear sweet cyber friend, how could you think I would play tricks besides the one I already confessed to you????? Enough of that - I am a bit of a prankster and there are two that are worth repeating.

#1) Early on in our marriage - I discovered that he was a close the door to brush his teeth person - still is to this day. One morning when he was in the shower, with the door locked, I used a card to open the door and silently slipped in. I reached in behind the curtain and pinched him. The startled reaction involved tearing the curtain down and multiple throwing and slinging of things. I truly almost scared him to death.

#2) My favorite - and this involved the girls too. I am not weird about pets at my house. We have had turtles, cats, dogs, birds, many things. Once the girls captured a teeny tiny frog. We fed it bits of meat and kept it for quite a while. It finally could jump out of the box we had it in and we put a screen over it. Then it could knock the screen off and get out, so we had a can of soup sitting on it to weigh down the screen. Every morning the girls fed the frog and checked its water. I was paranoid about it getting out and me not being able to find it. Well one morning I talked them into taking it out and letting it go. (the man was already gone to work) I carefully reassembled the box and screen and can. When I got to work, I called him and told him to make sure the girls fed the frog when they got home. (Having sworn them to secrecy of course). Then I just let it all play out. ( The girls quietly watched tv while he desperately - for over two hours - searched the house for an escapee frog that really didn't escape at all.) I slept on the sofa that night.


My neice - Laura - asked where an empty beer bottle would surprise me if I found it. EASY answer - the trash can. I probably would stroke if that happened.

Back tomorrow if the cyber gods allow it.

Have a great day.

1 comment:

Very Mary said...

HA HA HA! Those are great stories!