Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Look what I did last night (g-rated)

Yes it is g-rated. "G" for absolutely great. The pictures are actually out of order. I worked on the studio after the party. But you know - blogger at times is stubborn and difficult - so these will just be posted in reverse today.

Moving along - the big shelf across the back wall is now attached and stable and those are boxes and bags of my stash beginning to move in. Mind you, I still have a long way to go but this feels so good. I am sure things will be moved and adjusted as I figure out what works best for me.

Look way to the left of the first shelf - baby wipe containers. I know my girls are way too old for those. I use the wipes to clean my stamps and to wipe my hands while I work. Also to touch up things as I go. We still keep boxes in the car for clean up. The man at my address keeps them for cleaning while he is working on people's heat and air condidtionsing. Also, since sports are a huge part of life and not all facilities are clean enough for comfort, we carry them in the sports bags.

When I started on this studio, I started collecting these empties. They are sturdy and stack nicely. The free shelf you see will allow them to stack perfectly three high and they are not unsightly. I'll label these as I finalize the contents. (Yes those are Christmas gifts wrapped and ready on that next shelf ---- yea me.)

Another view of the wooden tool box. I love this. First - I have a "thing" for wooden boxes. This one is well crafted. It is a new box, but made in a vintage manner. All of the drawers are felt lined. It is two pieces and the fronts will fold up and lock. Sitting on this shelf makes it a little high for me, but I will just put those seldom used items in that top compartment.
Now for the fun part of last night. A house FULL of girls - literal statement here. This is the reality of my life. We were the soccer team dinner hosts this week.
Not only was this a house full of girls, they came straight from practice. Imagine that - a team of STANKIN" soccer girls. The man at my address escaped to the kitchen porch. We served hamburgers and hotdogs, fries and roasted potatoes.
We laughed at all these monsters. They seemed to enjoy the meal and each other's company. It was a lot of work to pull this off, but it was well worth it.

Heres what happens when you unleash those girls in your house. Various costumes start appearing. This is Jessi - the funny part of the night - she wanted to know just where all my mardi gras beads came from. Since this was a g-rated party - I lied. Wouldn't you?????
Have a great day.

2 comments:

Loving Her Beautiful said...

Hi, Teresa,
Your storage ideas are great. As you know, storage is one of those things: it's such pleasure when you've got what you need, and a nightmare when you don't.
Looks like the party was a blast! There's nothing like a gathering of folks to share with after you've done some re-arranging -- even if you wish they'd showered first . . .
Blessings!
BILL

Elizabeth Prata said...

Hi Teresa,

That tool box is a beauty! Your place sure is coming along great. Isn't it funny when girls get together the costumes start appearing? The party looked like fun, glad you shared some laughs and (g-rated) times!