Thursday, March 06, 2008

Water -

My mom has said that I am part fish. I prefer mermaid as the description as that renders images of graceful, beautiful, mythical women creatures that entice men to spend their life searching for that beauty.

Back to reality. I love the water. Never been seasick a minute in my life. I love the ocean - a lake - river - mountain stream - creek - pond - swimming pool - bathtub - shower. My dream home has an expansive view of the water from many angles. I have already posted about skinny dippin' and showers. Add a hot tub to that list. A cold drink and warm water - cold outdoor temps - my idea of small slice of heaven. Toss in 80's love ballads - good to go.

This painting by Monet(?) intrigues me. How much fun would a studio boat be? I would love to rent a houseboat for me and my closest buds. Load up the art supplies - good food - great movies - bring your own favorite drinks and treats and have a water bound art retreat.

Take supplies to a cabin overlooking a stream - too fun.

Wiggle my toes in the salty sand and share a few umbrella garnished drinks - all over that too.

Where would you enjoy an art retreat? What would you bring to work on? Would there be cooking - music - drinks - friends along for the weekend? Classes or just uninterrupted time for a project you are working on? Why not make an art kit so you always have something to work on? What is in your kit?

Come on ya'll share some ideas to refresh everyone's creative coffers. Maybe issue a challenge or two here to spark up the interest.

Have a wonderful day - plan a studio boat retreat for yourself.

3 comments:

Vallen said...

I'm with you on the water thing, I've gotta be near it - any bit of it. And I can't stay out of it, either.. I would love to tom sawyer it with you any day.

Carrie said...

I'd love a fall art retreat, up in the mountains when the leaves are turning. If it's by the beach or a lake in the summer I'd want to go swimming or sunbath and veg with a good book. Art would go out the window until night time....

Darla said...

Funny, I was just talking to someone about how I'd like to use our Mt. House for an art retreat. It is pretty remote and winding roads discourage some people. Maybe someday I'll figure it out.

Darla