Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The poinsettia scarf

Ok - Joanna over at Stardust Shoes is the guilty party here. She posted about these flowers and then posted a link out to the pattern. Hers are made from all different color combinations and they are quite lovely - I'll be making more of these in various colors myself.


The pattern is a Lion Brand freebie. I had a skein of homespun in red and a tiny bit of green. I decided to follow the pattern exactly and made a scarf. The flowers kind of reminded me of poinsettia blooms - hence the name.


I was able to upgrade my camera yesterday for less money than a direct replacement. This new one has more functions that I will have to learn, but the basics are exactly like the old one. (No learning curve)

I finished the fafsa form online last night - only to confirm that working people who try to have some sort of security are never eligible for financial help. So no grants for college. We will fill in the rather large blank with student loans.

One last thing - is any one out there familiar with successful treatments for cluster headaches?The man at my address is suffering with a cluster right now and is in full blown pity party mode. He takes imitrex - which is a wonder drug - and does help - but the headaches come back on an unpredictable schedule. It is really difficult for him to function when these are occurring - so any input would be greatly appreciated.

I sure hope each of you is having a wonderful day.


4 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

Congrats on completing the FAFSA. That one nearly killed me.

Anonymous said...

my best friend's husband suffered form cluster headaches until he got oxygen to breathe during the onset.. it cured them and he was suffering like the devil.. they had a hassle with insurance and I think they ended up paying for it but it worked and he had tried everything.. I don't know for how long he had the oxygen once an attack started, etc. but it is worth looking into

Joanna said...

I love your scarf. What a totally different effect 2 colors creates. There you are with a finished project, and here I am still surrounded by disconnected flowers. :(

Unknown said...

You are going to think I am crazy, but I had test worst migraine a couple of weeks ago and read that snorting little bit of cayenne pepper up each nostril would make it stop (Google it - I'm not the person crazy enough to try it). It worked almost immediately! My nose burned for a hot minute, but it was nothing compared to how my head felt!