Monday, March 17, 2008

WIP Sneak Peeks

Good Monday morning all. We survived the wild and terrifying weather of Saturday at our house just fine. Molly was out and about at a birthday thing with her friends - that was unnerving for Mom. Abby and I were home alone and watched all the updates on the news. We did have quarter sized hail for a short time, but no damage at all. Others around us were not so lucky.

The biggest complication for us is in the plans for the weekend to come. Molly was supposed to play in a HUGE - talking 12,000+ players - volleyball tournament at the Georgia World Congress Center. While the event planners have not cancelled the event yet - the GWCC has closed for the venue - the planners of the tournament are scurrying around trying to locate enough courts to play this tournament on. More on that later in the week.

Wednesday - there will be another college visit for Miss Molly - this time more than likely to agree to join the team. More on that later this week as well.

Abby was to play a softball tournament on Saturday. We took a phone call at 1:00 am moving that to Sunday. What a luxury that was. I painted a shelf in the barn and hung some ceiling tiles. Tonight will find me populating that shelf with a few things and preparing to host a soccer team dinner tomorrow night. We are doing hamburgers and hot dogs - with fries and roasted potatoes. Cookies and brownies (those will be purchased and then plated attractively) will end the festivities. Everything is ready at home except for spit shining the kitchen.

After my request for help on those stones - you guys rock - I spent part of Saturday prototyping the attachment method. I decided to use an adhesive called LEXEL. It dries clear and strong. I had a part of a tube left in the man's stuff so it qualifies for the challenge of making a "green" art quilt.


Here is a picture of the "stained glass". I was so excited about the way the center turned out. The colored part finished exactly as I expected but the "clear" part happened by accident. To me the variety of the beads makes this look as though there are shadows of branches coming through. What do you guys think? Completely spontaneous occurance that made me so freaking happy.


Now that the stones are attached and cured, I can proceed with the whole thing. It won't be touched tonight (really not even during the early part of the week) but now I can get on with it.

Thank you so much for your input. Now please pray really hard about this college thing, Mom is having an emotional day, knowing that this will be decided completely before next week.

Oh and take off over to CIP - I've updated over there this morning too.

Have wonderful day.

2 comments:

Darla said...

I can't wait to see this when it is finished, so far I think it is quite creative and lovely.

Darla

Felicia said...

Can't wait to see the finished piece :)