Wednesday, November 05, 2008

No politics here.....

I did stay up and listen to all the elections stuff through Obama's speech last night. It was a major historical election.

More bits and bobs today - sorry it's all I really got right now.

These next two are out of order. The top one is the WIP. I keep one of these going a lot of the time. I have no idea how this will ultimately be used. Or even what it is going to look like. I know, for you OCD, need to know, people, that is disturbing to think about.


Here is the reason that I do not know what it will look like. Saving stuff is a sickness. See these two 12 in pieces of floss. I save them. Most people would throw them away. No - I keep them - and when there is a pile, I'll sit and stitch. Random patterns - til I run out. I know it is strange, but it's easy and will fill time for tv or just hanging with the girls. Since there is no real counting, I don't have to concentrate. I like the look and it works for me.

I did some of this last night. Now it will be put away until I build another little pile of floss.


Speaking of floss. In cleaning and moving to the studio, I have been just piling the floss skeins on the coffee table. Also during the tv viewing last night, I spooled them and put them in the big tool box that I got for Valentines day many years ago (mine is dark grey). I love this box.

I have them in numerical order starting with the 100's and all the way up through the 3700 series.


Pretty little colors all in a row.


Now a few details of fall around my house this morning.



Isn't this orange pretty?


The beauty berries have been much nicer in previous years. The drought has really affected them.



A climbing vine that many are terrified to be close to. The chartreuse color is great though.




My favorite - a sweet gum ball and multicolor foliage - just outside the studio door.
I hope you are all having a wonderful day.






1 comment:

ellen said...

I love sweet gums! The leaves are incredibly beautiful in the fall and the balls are so intriguing. I also love that they are called "liquid amber". Such a poetic name and so apt.
Happy Wednesday!