Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Medically induced memories....

Do what??? I know everyone of you is wondering what the crap that means. While I was in the ER, my bloodwork indicated that I had some sort of infection somewhere. They gave me a presciption for a broad spectrum antibiotic LEVIQUIN. I try so hard to be fully aware of what I am taking so I pulled this one up.

Here's the mumbo jumbo on this. (copied from www.drugs.com)


Less serious Levaquin side effects may include:
nausea, diarrhea, constipation;
feeling restless, anxious, or depressed;
headache, dizziness;
muscle pain;
sleep problems (insomnia or
nightmares);
vaginal itching or discharge; or
mild skin itching
.

Notice it indicates sleep problems and nightmares. In digging further the phrase "enhanced dreams" has surfaced. I dream a lot - I know this about me - I have even recorded dreams. Last night I dreamed my past in a "conglomerate fuck" (play on words to see if someone is still reading) mixture with my present and future.

At one time we lived next door to city hall and the firehouse in Franklin Springs, Ga. Jim's (bff growing up) dad was the chief of Police and his office was in the fire station. Jim and I spent hours just hanging out there. Last night I dreamed that my Mom bought me that building for a home and studio space and that all my current friends were helping me move in. There is no way this could happen - the building was destroyed a few years ago by a tornado. But all the details were there. The wall color - the leather covered chairs - the tiny access panel that few knew about between the city hall office and the fire station - the crystals in the top of the wall around the back of the area (set on point) - all of the fire equipment and tools. I even can bring back the smells of that place. We were cooking fish in some sort of cooker out back for all my friends from now. I awakened and then went back to sleep and the dream continued on the same path. A wonderful reminder of some memories. Way cool. I had kinda forgotten some of those memories and it was a very nice reminder of those day. Well before I figured out that life was really very complicated.

It has prompted a call to Joy - Jim's widow this morning - and I will get to talk to his girls tonight. I haven't done that in quite a while.

On to more fun stuff. Here is a close up shot of the scarf I made this weekend and one I have in progress. Lightweight and yet just a little warmth around your neck.


The bulky blue one is complete. I made it in about an hour and a half. All chains and single crochet. The multicolored one is a mohair blend that I had one skein of and this is the perfect use for it. I bought this yarn years ago just for the color - fell into lust - had to have it. It wasn't enough for anything major, but I think it will work on this scarf. The colors are gorgeous.

I'll try to get Lannae to model these and the really fun one I also completed.

Hope this finds you all having a wonderful day.

3 comments:

Lannae Johnson said...

You know I'd be all about being your scarf model!

Anonymous said...

have a good "trip" without leaving home

Queenly Things said...

I think that scarf might be just the thing. Must go look at my yarn stash.