Thursday, February 19, 2009

Beauty Among the Thorns

This rose is sitting on my desk. A random act of kindness bright spot in my week. I cut the bottom off the stem and kept it for a reminder of the thorns and the beauty that appears above them.

I feel a need to give everyone a little more information about the situation. It is Molly - aka College Freshman. She is not pregnant - there is not a drug or alcohol problem - she is not quitting school - she has not proclaimed herself homosexual - none of that. She is seriously considering a change to a religion with beliefs that are contrary to how we believe and how she was raised. This has been stressful - from the way she notified me and then the way it has been handled since. (I got a 9 line text message and then a 2nd text that said she was "too busy" to discuss this further) I feel like she is making (and taking) this way too lightly and possibly as a "boy influenced" decision. It is way too early in their relationship to be making this kind of choice. Needless to say - no matter what her final decision is - our relationship has been changed forever.

I will be out of town this weekend. Really a good thing - I need this time for reflection and focusing. I have rearranged my schedule to come back earlier than normal in order to have some time on Sunday with the College Freshman and Softball Princess.

I hope to add a few rows to the afghan I am working on. This is a work related trip and I will be filling the hours on Saturday with that - but maybe I can squeeze in a little creativity.

I also had a weak moment at the thrift store - a less than 5.00 weak moment ---- look a bag full of yarn ------ yeah - thrifters heaven.

Thank you all for your support and concern - my Grandmother used to say - when things look really bad - wait three days. Great advice - Nanny - I was listening.

Have a blessed day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"What a Friend We Have In Jesus" it gives us peace that each Christian may have a personal relationship with our Heavenly Father. Because you all are very special we send our loving prayers, H & A.

Very Mary said...

I am one of those without a "faith base" and I get through hardships without prayer. T? You and I are so fundamentally different in our belief systems, but that doesn't stop us from loving one another. Molly will come back to her roots, even if that doesn't include the faith; give her freedom to fly right now. And love her. And one day? You'll either be on the same page about faith again, or you won't. And you'll love her just the same. My momma, the Southern Baptist? She loves me just the same whether or not I believe...

Raesha D said...

Mary I loved your comment!!! I'm the opposite and I love her just the same:)! i don't know how I would get through a single day without my faith and knowledge that God loves me and knows me. I am praying for both you and Molly that whatever decision is ultimately made that you will both have peace.