Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Thank you

For the prayers - for the emails - for the encouragement.

I feel stronger - Dad feels stronger - Abby feels stronger - I do not really know how Molly feels.

They hand them to you at the hospital. They are clean - smell so sweet - dressed up in that precious outfit you kept hanging in the closet for 6 months. You put them in a car seat and drive off. Trust me people - that is the easiest day of this journey.

You teach then a little at the time - you figure it out as you go - this is on the job training at its basic definition.

God gave us free will - and much to a parents dismay - that gets passed on to the now young adult.

I have layed this down at the foot of the cross - and promptly picked it back up again.

Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. (John 14:1)

I'm trying.

I know every parent has stories. This is just mine right now.

Last night she said "it would be easier if I was still 3 years old."
My response "Let's go with 4 - at least you were fully potty trained then."

Even in the midst of a major issue - humour smooths the way.

I love that child - I disagree with that child -

I know what I believe - my faith has been fire tested in the last few days. God is my God - Jesus Christ died for me and was ressurected for my salvation through grace - the people of Jones Chapel are my people - real friends are few and far between (but there when you need them) my family and children are precious - that love cannot be destroyed and we will find our footing again - my extended family is very important.

I will add, I have no idea how people with no faith base endure any kind of hardship.

God is good all the time - all the time God is good.

Please keep praying. Please keep in touch.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What ever it is no matter how bad you are a strong, family.. the love is there ; reminding each other that it is there to face difficulties will help to deal with hard times take care

Lannae Johnson said...

I cannot tell you how much I've been thinking of you all and praying. I wanted to call but know you need some time to sort things out. I'm here if you need me.

Abby said...

Just saw your last post today, I will not wish my days away - even if my 2 year old is driving me crazy - I will keep repeating to myself that these are the "easy" years!
Prayers for yours,
Abby

Anonymous said...

"G"Dad & I pray that Molly will diligently seek the truth and ask questions. We love you all so very much. Praying for the loving peace of Jesus to uphold you. H & A

Darla said...

Whatever it is, I trust that it will get better soon. How soon is always the question and Not Soon Enough if usually the answer.

Having raised two daughters I can imagine a few senario's.

I'll be thinking of you and hoping this situation mends quickly.

Darla

Roxie said...

"I have no idea how people with no faith base endure any kind of hardship."

You are so right. I can't figure out that either.

Without Jesus to rely on, life is just too difficult to endure.