Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Fun Stuff

Give me a little while but there will be several more pictures over at Jones Chapel Quilts. I wanted to share some of my mama's stuff here.

We met last night. My mama is sick, but she wanted to get out anyway. I could tell that she was pretty miserable, but you never stop being the mama and she tried to reassure me that she is "just fine". This is that icky nasty rotten cold stuff.

We had a show and tell night in addition to a cutting lesson and a beginning piecing lesson. I flitted about and took pictures and just generally bothered people.

I get my packrat tendencies from an honest source. Mom keeps everything.

Labels included. Look at this little wall hanging.

A row of houses. She had (still has some) old clothing labels. She has a fabric stash to rival anybody I know. Buttons too. She tells me all the time she is adding to the junk me and my sister will someday throw away.

The entire wall hanging is pieced from these tiny 1 inch squares. The labels are top stitched on. So freaking cute.


The Shirley label is a favorite - how long ago was it that many things were labeled MADE IN USA. Considering where our economy is right now - that labeling needs to return.

While I love this wall hanging. The picture below is the quilt top that is my all-time favorite of ones she has ever pieced. A scrappy state of Georgia. This will be my next hand quilt project.

Each of those squares is 2 inches. The layout is adapted from a cross stitch pattern. What do you think?

I hope all of you are having a wonderful day ----

No comments: