Thursday, February 12, 2009

WIN - WIN

I work among some of the most varied characters you will ever meet. An unlikely assortment of men, who ooze testosterone. The male ego in my building can often be sensed before you ever get in there. They are loud, rowdy, crude, rude, and obnoxious. I sell plumbing - I work with builders and plumbers - you can only imagine.

I LOVE MY JOB - no sarcasm in that statement - really.

Every now and then one of these guys surprises even me. The most surprising has just occured today. This guy would be the perfect HELL'S ANGEL. Long hair - long beard - serious tattoos - looks mean and dangerous - great guy. He has scored major points with me today and I bet he does on Saturday with his lovely girlfriend.

They were watching tv the other night and the KAY commercial came on. If you are in the good old USA you will know what I am speaking of. The man gives the woman a music box with the little ballerina in it.

To quote him.....

"I vaguely heard her say "I always wanted one of those" and then the conversation just kinda went away. "

No more has been mentioned.

This man went on the hunt for an old music box. This man found a music box. This man bought a music box. This man added a note that says "I always wanted a woman like you."

Bet this man scores big on Saturday night. And he got out cheap, too.

Every woman wants a man who occationally listens AND acts on what you just said.

Discuss please - what would be the best win - win and inexpensive thing your special other could do for you.

3 comments:

ellen said...

What I love most of all is when my special other calls me on the phone to tell me to run outside and see the moon or the evening sky, or a particularly spectacular cloud when he is working in the nursery. I love that he knows I LOVE seeing things like these..and I appreciate so much that he knows that...especially since at his core, he was never prone to notice these things.

Donna said...

Hello from Texas! Came from Nathalie's blog...I'm Also in plumbing!hahaa...Nice Blog!

Elizabeth Prata said...

To bring me an unprompted cup of coffee made just the way I like it (without giving hints as to how much milk and how much sugar). It's a double-thoughtful: the gift itself is like mini-spa (ahhh steaming coffee), and thoughtful observation: from having watch how I fix it for myself.