Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Random Babble

I need your help. Each year we do our local home and garden show at my real world job. Each year I have a very limited budget for this booth design and display and I have won several awards in the past for the booth design as well. It is a massive undertaking to come up with something new and different each year. I look for inspiration everywhere. I have used book pages in the past . I have built partitions from pipe. All kinds of stuff.

While I was searching for images in those Anthro catalogs over the weekend, I found the image below.

I used it on my shelf and it became a bit of inspiration. The booth will feature a very romantic and feminine decor. A big bathtub - an antique furniture piece fitted for a lavatory. Instead of candy hand outs, I'll be using cheap silk flowers with our address attached.

I plan on using the flower design below (I kept all those book pages from before) and some red painted muslin and velvet panels as my background - then attach the recycled item flowers randomly to the wall. I am so inspired by Curious Sofa's site and all those Anthro windows.


Tell me - do you think this creates an interesting and eye catching booth that will draw you in? It is "green" and it is different, both things that I am known for. Should I make any changes to the flower design? Plus I get to keep all those flowers for my art show booth in November.

Now - about that shelf....


It is not hanging - I could not find my brackets. Above you see the little flowers I glued in the corners.



Above are the bottom three shelves. I adore the image of the man and boy peeping through the window. it is from a late 50's magazine and I have been hoarding it to use in a project that makes ME happy. All the other shelves have Anthropologie Catalog pages.

The last picture is the top three shelves. The entire thing is 10 inches wide and almost 42 inches tall.
Feels good to be creating again. Feels good to be back in the studio.
Hope you all have a wonderful day.




5 comments:

Roxie said...

Too bad we have to have "real world jobs"! I'd rather be in my workshop all the time than sitting in a classroom.

Felicia said...

I like the shelves :)

Very Mary said...

Why not add your shelf to the display?

Darla said...

Love what you did with the shelf! I send you my snail mail a couple of days ago but I'm sending it again now.

Darla

Carrie said...

I second Very Mary! Love those shelves!

Let me know when you want to come see Olivia.....