Friday, May 08, 2009

Memories

More of my mama's crochet lace. I love the rusty orange color of the one behind the yellow flower.

Last night was a very pleasant step back in time. At the last minute, I was informed by The Man at my Address that we had to go meet some parents to pick up a Fury Uniform. We drove to Carnesville, GA and met these parents, then decided to eat at the ECHO restaurant.

I worked there in high school - very little has changed - even Mr Henry still sits on a counter stool every evening (has now for almost 30 years) - he is now well into his 90's and called me by name when he saw me. When we walked in, one of the girls that was with me the night I met The Man was there. Our conversation picked up like there was no gap in seeing each other. I saw several people that I went to high school with and we compared notes about our lives, our kids, our parents, other people we had bumped into. Amazing - many of the people that graduated from high school with me are new grandparents - being old has slipped up on me. What initially was perceived as an inconvenient trip turned out to be a very pleasant evening.

About yesterday, and insecurity ---- That fear and insecurity has been what kept me from having a go at making the MaggieGrace part of me more public. When I decided it was time, I knew that was one of the biggest barriers that I would face. It is a feeling I have, but is no longer a roadblock. Thank you each and everyone for the kind and encouraging comments and emails you sent me.

I started my "pile" of items that I will box up to take with me to the workshop. Jenn sent us a list of what she is providing and some suggestions for adding our own touches to the items. I am so excited.

Tonite, the Man's family is having dinner together in Athens for his mother. We have a ball tourney to sit through tomorrow - then Sunday is Mother's Day and I hope to make a few embellishments for my workshop goodies.

I have also decided what I want if it's available at the vendor tables - I want one of Kim's totes. I have loved them since I first saw them on her blog. All those little compartments. Yummmmmy.

Another busy weekend. Into another busy week next week. Then a weekend of BLISS and FUN.

I hope all of you have a great weekend - and for all of you Moms and Grandmas _HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!

1 comment:

Darla said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too. It sounds like you are going to be busy but enjoying it.

Darla