Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A-D-D-O-P

Here's the wireless bars commercial photo (completely by accident) . Left to right - Andrea , Tiffany, Suzanne, and Lorraine (no blog). This was taken Saturday night BEFORE the drinking and blog stories and riotous laughter began. Suzanne and her wonderful bartender husband welcomed us into their beautiful home for an evening of food and fun. In the very top left corner you can see the blue ceiling in her kitchen ---- loved that detail.

As a part of conversations during our work time, JennG (no blog) confirmed that she and I have the same mental disorder, only she has a name for it - ADD-OP. We both have creative ADD - start another project - the OP stands for Oh Pretty. So yes I have ADD OhPretty. Thank you Jenn for identifying and diagnosing my problem LOL.

I came back from Macon - rested and inspired. My face hurts from lauging and smiling so much. But I needed to "do" something. So I made quick pendants on Sunday afternoon.

Crocheted with buttons - the burnt orange and brown one is mine -- all mine (I only had one of those buttons)

A soldered "e" charm for a friend's daughter. I made one for Emily's big sis and Miss Emmie wanted one too. Hope she likes it.
Then there is this..... inspired by a bracelet that Carol had on. The bracelet had buttons surrounded by silver mountings. I had this huge black button.


So solder - a few jewelry findings and a lonely orphaned earring and the result is this button pendant. (The button was a vintage coat button that I found in an antique shop. It is huge about 2 inches across) I love this one.

Sorry to do this (Lannae I'll share so don't get too jealous)


I decided that I would use only what I took or received in Macon to finish my projects. So I fondled (carefully unpacked) all my SWAG goodies and added the bits I bought. I stacked them on a tray and this now proudly sits on the dining room reading chair. Last night I tea stained some white bits to use and tonight I will start the process of finishing my pieces.
Til tomorrow.
Have a beautiful day.




4 comments:

Lannae Johnson said...

I love that E pendant - too cute! Oh, and I love sharing, too...how sweet of you to make me feel better!

Karen at Junking in Georgia 2009 said...

glad you enjoyed yourself

ellen said...

Your pendant is spectacular.
I am so happy for you that you had such a lovely, fun and affirming weekend. Hooray.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to help you self diagnose!! It was a pleasure to meet you last weekend! We GA girls have to get together soon!