Tuesday, May 12, 2009

DETAILS

I can always tell when my stress level has improved. I feel more creative. I have ideas - sometimes I even have good ideas. Even though this is a busy week, I feel like things are somewhat under control.


I finished this - you can tell those are not "my" colors if you read here regularly. However; they are the colors in that baby bedding and I am tickled that this one is finished. The green has increases in the stitch count that make this a ruffle edge blanket down the two long sides - I like how it turned out. All but the colors. Oh well.

Last night at quilt group - which we are renaming Hands to Work - because I did not quilt - I crocheted. Edging. Really pretty. Can't wait to use it this weekend. This is a group from my church - but my mom is going too - she does not attend the same church. I love the fact that she is "playing" with me on this. They even save all the scraps for me - thinking I might make a few yoyos out of those rather than let them pile up.

College Daughter has her speeding ticket court appearance tomorrow morning. I'll be there with her. Softball Princess has a presentation on Thursday afternoon at school - be there for that too. Then Friday right after work - I am Macon bound. Cannot wait. Today finds me attempting to make my desk coworker friendly.

I also notice more details when I am not in survival mode. Like the one below. This is between a power distribution box and a mailbox.

The lawnmower will not fit - so the man who owns the property braided the long grass.

Noticing this made me smile. Another thing I noticed happen this morning. I have a habit of going into the studio every morning - sometimes just to breathe. Well this morning when I opened the outer door - a snakeskin fell on me. Mr. Black Snake is in there somewhere. Gonna have to find him and move him again.
After this weekend - I will be doing a big cleaning and completion then I'll get a full tour of the studio space for you guys. In all honesty - I could have a studio three times the size of mine and it would still be full of Creative Ritual Accesories and Parts - C.R.A.P.


Have a great day all -----

1 comment:

Darla said...

C.R.A.P. That's a good one! If I even suspected there was a snake around I'd be vacating whatever space I had tho.

Darla