Friday, July 31, 2009

Post without a picture

I like it when the Doctor is happy.

- confirmed the weight loss.

- cut the blood pressure medication in half.

- blood work scan to confirm that everything is progressing

- see me in october.

Last night's boot camp was horrible. Horrible. We had a substitute drill sargeant. OMG - no breaks in her way of doing things. Push hard. Gut it out. I had missed almost two weeks. So I hit all of my reserves. I almost cried more than once. And I finished everything last. Damn I hate that.

I absolutely am so angry with myself for letting it get to this point. I think most of the near tears were about that. Frustration and anger at letting my body go. There is emotional baggage with all of this and I have avoided unpacking those bag for so long. Well they are demanding to be unpacked and dealt with. Then I can move on mentally. I now have a new fitness goal in addition to my weight loss goal. I want to cut my mile time to 12 minutes or less - I am at 13.6 now.

MaggieGrace will be busy this weekend.

See ya'll Monday.

5 comments:

Karen Junking in GA said...

Well hey you went back didn't you? My lazy butt would have continued to be lazy..um, may be why it is as big as it is.. don't be so hard on yourself.... get back in your groove and go

ellen said...

I've been thinking about this post for about an hour now...mostly about the emotional baggage. We all carry that stuff around, don't we? I know I certainly do!
I suddenly had this "vision" or perhaps more of a "meditation" concerning my baggage. Here it is:

I am standing at the baggage claim in a place where I truly want to be. I am watching the carousel turn around and around, carrying many bags full of unwanted stuff. As I am watching this, I am feeling overwhelmed and weighed down by it all.
Then I realize that in this "new place" I do not need any of it. I refuse to pick up any of these bags. I refuse to carry them with me. They will remain unclaimed in this new place where I want to be.

I hope this works for me.

Have a wonderful weekend and best to you, Teresa.

Very Mary said...

well, hot damn. you are truly inspirational! or maybe just sweaty...

Becky said...

Yay - grats on the weight loss. I managed to lose 10 this summer and need to lose 30 more. You are keeping me motivated.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I have no idea what I run, but I'm thinking a 13.6 might be my GOAL. Congrats on all your good stats.