Friday, July 10, 2009

Thank You

Try and explain the difference between bloggers and social networking designed to hook up. Especially when you are in the middle of a Myspace generated nightmare. Impossible.

But I can explain how the people I have met here came through with encouragement, prayers, support, when I sent the alarm signal. Some even shared their own stories.

The major points of the crisis are over. She is safe and sound. She has her car back. He went to jail for previous fraud and petty theft warrants. She regained a job without losing seniority - she was demoted back to level one on the totem pole. Now the hard work starts - her oldest son feels like she needs to be chaperoned even to the grocery store. Her youngest does not have a clue how to feel and what to believe. Her husband - well if they can make it through the nightmare of her running off with some man - I will be surprised. She is defensive and my hurt and anger are bothering her. (I really call it guilt) But I can't help her with that. The hard work needs to happen at her house first.

Thank you all for you prayers and encouragement. Thank you also for the birthday wishes for the Softball Princess. We took her to dinner and had a wonderful night.


Now for some MaggieGrace goodness. A friend brought a big plastic bin of flatware they had thrifted. Some will appear as jewelry pieces, but some was not really of that quality. I took a pair of pliers to a couple of forks with a vague idea of what I wanted to do. (The butterfly box is a sneak peek of something else entirely) Yeah - I know the forks look funny.


But here is what they are for. - Two fork easels -one vintage book cover - three old fashioned pleated curtain hooks = the beginnings of my table displays. Feedback please.


I also realized I did not post about my new favorite tote. Pockets galore. The center section will hold magazines, patterns, and most important my paper cutter. It has feet and a hard bottom. Will be perfect to pack for art retreats and or display setups - etc. I bought this from Kim at Artistic Bliss. This was money well spent and there are a few more available here. I love my bag Vallen sent and I have several from MaryAnn. Each bag is used for various purposes and they all sit along the wall in my dining room packed and ready to go. Its funny to hear the references when we are getting ready to go somewhere that I know I need a bag. Vallens is - "the black bag". The Most often used one from MaryAnn is - "that bag MaryAnn sent." The funniest is a Relay for Life Bag that I keep my workout stuff in - the bag is a black zipper tote with a 1/2 inch border of purple trim - what do we call that one? - "the purple bag". The one pictured above doesn't have a reference name yet - we'll see what it becomes.

I hope all of you have a great weekend. I think I might finally get some sleep - God knows I need it.

4 comments:

Lannae Johnson said...

You are so, so impressing me on the way you're handling this situation. Man, I'm praying for her family! I know the guys in my life would have a hard time adjusting should I up and do something like that - time will tell, but will hopefully heal. I'm loving the displays. You just finish all of yours up so you can help me :) I love that scallop circle paper - you have a cutter? Might want to borrow that some time!

Carrie said...

The display rocks! You'll have to figure out a business card display that matches them. I've been out of the loop, so pass on my belated birthday wishes to the Softball Princess for me. I'm rooting for your weight-loss efforts. Don't worry about the number on the scale worry about how your close fit.

Hugs!

Sue said...

Thank you for stopping by! I spent a little time snooping and love your writing. The Sweet 16 post to your daughter is very special...full of sound wisdom and love. Brought tears to my eyes. She sounds like a real treasure.

Love, love, love the display piece you've created. Using the old book covers {and the drapery hooks/bent forks/etc} is wonderfully creative.

I'll be back to snoop some more!

Tipper said...

Love the display-so cute! Love the new pendants too-especially the deer.

Your Sweet 16 is beautiful and you wrote a beautiful post for her.

So so sorry about your sister-I'll say a prayer for her-her family-and you.