Monday, October 22, 2012

wedding wedding party too


There was a sweet wedding --- congratulations Holly and Dylan

There was a Halloween Party --- with littles, and mediums, and big ones too. Lots of laughter and boiled peanuts too.



I worked on the blue table runners. I had lots of great help.


She held down the fabric for me.


And did a ton of quality control inspections.


This one is my favorite --- it is the last one.



There was some painting --- this old rocker bench bought at a flea market years ago. It used to be red.



The Father of the Bride spent some time in the fall sunshine with the bench and a paintbrush,  painting the bench a soft pale blue.


I used some letters from Michaels.


Glued this fun glitter paper to them.


After the glue dried, I trimmed them up.


Drilled holes in them.



Took them to the porch studio and sanded the rough edges of the paper off.

I tried stringing them on ribbon but they didn't hang like I thought they should. ( the "M" was heavier than the "R" )

Step back and think.



Restring with fine gauge wire and pearl beads.


Stretch them out across the bride groom bench seat (yes that is an unexplained hole in the bench. it doesn't impact the comfort of sitting there so we left it.)

Then make some fluffs using tulle and a couple of melty flowers in the center.


Put it all together and you have this cute little two person vintage rocker bench for the Bridal table at the reception.


In addition to those accomplishments -- the wedding dress first fitting was completed -- the bridesmaids dresses selected and all have been ordered (37.00 per dress from Kohls).

EDIT - I am adding the link to this post for Kohl's dress section on their website. 

http://www.kohls.com/catalog/women-dresses.jsp

A very nice email came from  in reference to this post from Kohl's and I am happy to say they have offered my readers (and me) a discount code for online purchases. 
Here is the information for that.
, I also wanted to share with you the new exclusive 10% off code for kohls.com. You can share code TENBLOG now through December 29th. It can be used to stack savings with one other code as well. Feel free to share it with your readers! 



It was a very good weekend.

another edit -- I've already been asked this is the link to the dresses we picked.

No comments: