Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A cutie comes to live with me.....

Just look at her. The tag says "good little witch". Isn't she cute. This was my surprise at 11 pm last night when I got home from the volleyball matches. It's a part of my swap package from Lizzy in the artsymama sweet and sinister swap. I am loving this and the rest of it so much. More pictures tomorrow. Of everything but the chocolate. Most of it has already disappeared.
Thank you Lizzy.

The next picture is more than a little eerie. And something you will probably judge me for. (not really)

Our big old yellow and black garden spider. She lives by the dock doors at work. Yesterday the boys partially killed another kind of spider at the counter and we tossed it into the web. I have never watched a spider really attack prey before and it only took seconds for this one to complety disable and wrap the meal in a nice little ready to eat package. It was amazing to watch.

This spider has been by the door for weeks and was tiny when we first noticed her. We are very protective of her - even the pest control man has been warned. She is huge now. There are several more around the building. I also have several at home.

I will be posting more of the collaged pages from the professor's book once she gets her package. for now I leave you with one of the quotes....

The young may know all the rules. But we know the exceptions. anon.

I love the knowledge that I can live in some of these exceptions.

Have a wonderful day.


4 comments:

Lizzy said...

Teresa! So glad it arrived safe and sound. I was really stressed that it might break on its way. And so glad you like it. It was a pleasure to make all the goodies for the swap, and it's been great meeting you! Oh, and... eek on the spider! I only like paper clay ones!

Darla said...

Your witch in a bottle is too cute. I love seasonal decorations don't you?

As for spiders, I too find them interesting but they must stay outdoors. We have some big ones in the garden at the moment, very similar to your photo.

Darla

Janice said...

I love your good little witch!! I don't know about that spider though. We don't get anything like that here. Are you sure they're not poisonous? It's giving me the creeps just writing about it!!!

Very Mary said...

I LOVE THE SPIDER! She's so absolutely cool! And I also love all the sneak peeks:) I peer on my porch every afternoon:)