Tuesday, October 16, 2007

More collage pages

Now that I know she has her package, I will share more of these pages. I was inspired by the lovelies over at Secret Leaves. The covers of this are from a thrifted book I destroyed for its pages for my homeshow booth. I drilled holes and used books rings from the office supply store to bind it.

Have I mentioned that I LOVE office supply stores almost as much as junk stores and thrift stores. (another post).

Anyway, MaryAnn has inspired me so much. Not only is she creative - unbelievably creative - She is kind and generous. I wanted to give back to her and I wanted it to be more than just stuff. (although there was stuff in the package too.)

She has sent me things all along and I wanted to use some of the supplies in an art project for her. I do hope you can spot some of those supplies as you pore over these.

The way cool part of this project - I did not purchase a single item for it. The page blanks are cut from cream colored card stock. Various ephemera from all over the world - thank you swap partners and generous friends. I did go through all of my e6000 adhesive. The fortunes are directly related to 5 ingredient shrimp (my favorite).
This page has my favorite quote right now on it. The quote is typed on the stripe across the middle of the page. The heart is a stitched piece inspired by Rebecca Sower. Note shapes were punched from scrap card stock.


Another fun page. The quote here is stylus printed into a small piece of copper flashing. The pocket is made from a doiley laced to a piece of card stock. This was fun to work on. That is almost the last bit of one of my favorite metallic ribbons. I think I have 4 inches left of it.

I have a hard time using up the last bit of something. I don't really know why. With this project, I refused to allow that part to me to censor my materials. If it was the last one and I wanted to use it - I did. It was an exercise for me to operate this way. To lose the idea that a better project may come along later. It was an incredibly fun project to work on. I was able to focus completely on sending positive thoughts to a very good friend. (I always try to send positive vibes across the universe when I know who the recipient will be.) And for the very first time I will say that this project is ART and not craft. That is entirely new for me.

Enjoy yourself today. Do something that makes you happy. Give yourself the gift of satisfaction in some way. You are entirely worth happiness, satisfaction, peace and harmony.

Have a wonderful day.

3 comments:

Very Mary said...

Oh, and I do LOVE LOVE LOVE it all! Really, truly, love!

Elizabeth Prata said...

These are so pretty! I so appreciate that you put up the pictures, and also the links. I just visited 'Is There Any Paper Around Here" and I love their work too.

If you have time, either this Saturday during the reception at 7pm, or any time until Thanksgiving, stop by Blue Bell Gallery to the Hauntings exhibit...Some really interesting work to look at in all media. I have an altered book and 4 collage pieces in the show, and two photographs. (Don't know how they let me in it, but they did!) Tina is putting on a great show.

PS: I look for your truck when I go by but we keep missing each other. I'll stop in soon... thanks for the invite. And thank you for the continuouly nice art posts.

Darla said...

What a wonderful piece of art for a friend. It is all good but I'm particularly taken with the little doily turned into a pocket. Clever.

Darla