Monday, October 22, 2007

Hauntings

edit: along with lizzy's package, i just mailed the single scariest piece of mail ever for me. miss molly's first college application. omg this is for real isn't it. wtf am i gonna do now.



I learned about the Hauntings exhibit at the Blue Bell Gallery in Comer from my new friend's blog. Elizabeth had several pieces in the show. All of the work is stunning. I have a few favorites, but the budget just won't swing a major art purchase at all. Still I really enjoyed my night out. No one in my crew wanted to go and normally I would defer to that, but I wanted to go and I deserve the time to do what I want to, so off I went. I had a wonderful time. I loved some of the fiber works and a series of child's dress prints that were done in a range of pinks and purples.

The more art I look at - the wider range of art I like.

Aside from that, it was a hideously busy weekend. Charles worked on the studio. Dust bunnies and spider web cities were destroyed. I squeezed in a mental health walk at the cemetary early Saturday morning then I stopped by the post office and discovered the package for my sweet and sinister swap partner will be considered officially lost on Wednesday. Lizzy - I am so sorry. I could not wait until then to decide about replacing the package - so I worked hard to redo the package. Probably the most work I have ever put together in one day.

Here's the sneak peek of the wrapped packages sitting on my desk this morning. They are packaged and ready to go to the PO for a priority mail shipment at lunchtime today. I hope you enjoy these. I will post pictures when I am sure Lizzy got this.

On Saturday night late and all day Sunday, I finished up the squares for the baby blanket. I will finish assembling tonight and get it handwashed and ready for wrapping up a bundle of joy named Carley Mae.


Here are the squares laying out on a black fleece blanket. There will be three rows of edging around this and it will finish about 34 x 38 inches. Perfect for the car or for tossing in a bag for the church nursery.

23 more days. 15 houses to get ready for possible shipment while I am gone. A ton of purchasing for those houses. Sunday school materials to prepare for a sub - teacher (Molly and Nancy). Christmas program to prepare for. I will be painting this weekend. Two costumes (the potentate and his page) to make. Still busy busy. And I must make the front part of the house presentable for inevitable guests. (the dining room/craft room is the problem - that studio will be so very welcome)

I hope this finds you well and happy - have a great day.

2 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

Oh, Maggie, I'm feeling your college application pain! And look how busy you are...maybe I need to craft more to distract myself from the fact that my kids are growing up way too fast.

Felicia said...

Busy, busy, busy! Don't forget to breathe :)