Wednesday, October 03, 2007

This is the way I live

eta - EYE CANDY ROAD TRIP - i found this via pink chalks blog. A stunning headboard from granny squares. I'm thinking this needs to happen at my house in some form. http://yscmama.typepad.com/little_purl/2007/08/granny-squares-.html#comment-79898607

Neither of our children have played ball without one of us there this season. I have not missed a volleyball match. Dad has not missed a softball game. Both of us have been at several of both. It is a tremendous juggle to manage work, school, ball, church, and other assorted requirements. Many days I leave for work around 7:30 am and don't return until 10 or 11 at night.

I commented several days ago that my house was in chaos. If you look at the schedule, there is a reason for this. I refuse to worry about it. The house can be cleaned later. But right now there are many many areas that look just like this (or worse). Piles. Molly has stacked these up nicely. Normally they are scattered across the floor. This is in the main room next to the tv. It is 19 steps from here to the closet (checked this morning) - so why do they land here (and by the chair and the door and the corner of the kitchen). Because its easy or we are lazy --- you pick. Molly took the time to gather them up - why not drop them in the closet of the owner. Where are the man's shoes? They are in a pile on top of the dryer or by the door of my closet. I think he's afraid they will disappear in the estrogen jungle unless he protects them.



Just wanted to show you a little more of the reality of my world.


Now for some fun. I love Rebecca Sower's work so much. I really wish I was going to the Silver Bella conference just for her class. I have been so inspired by her little bits of embellishment. Go over to her place, read the archives, study the pictures, go to flickr. You'll understand. Anyway, I created my own little bit for a project. this embroidered heart. This is in an altered/created book, so not too much 3d. This was quick and fun to do. I actually made it on the trip to a ballgame in the car. From start to finish - only about 30 minutes. An old piece of wool/cotton quilt batting and scrap embroidery floss. Easy - peasy.


Now about the not sitting still. At the game last night. I am quilting on the cowboy quilt and I can do that and watch the game. Many people make fun of me because I appear calm. NOT EVEN. If I did not have that (or something) in my hands, I would be tossed on a regular basis. I finally put it away last night after some really bad officiating. I am not a calm and collected fan at all. I am actually the kind that results in a phone call from a coach saying "you are disrespectful of officials and you are my biggest problem parent" - (FYI - the phone call was made by the man at my address to my work and he was right - red letter day I don't say that he was right often) I will take something with me in order to avoid that kind of call from a real coach. I accomplish a lot too.

MaggieGrace goodies are progressing, just at a slow pace. If you are expecting a package from me, I promise you will get it.

As for today - I go to the consultation visit for my surgery this afternoon. I have my list of questions for the doctor then we will set the date and go from there. More information tomorrow.

Have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

OldBagNewTricks said...

Real life has a way of encroaching and spreading itself all over, doesn't it? By now you'd think those shoes would know where they go. Very smart of you to work on something at the game rather than get yourself tossed. VERY smart.

Jenny

Mrs. G. said...

Honey, if that picture of shoes is the best you've got to represent your household's messy chaos, you need to come on over to my house so you can feel better about yourself...a lot better.