Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Local Best Friend - Laughs, Bad Jokes, Fun

Local best Friend brought lunch yesterday. We laughed and joked and teased mercilessly. Last he saw of me was in the hospital hooked up to various stuff and wearing those lovely fashion items like a hospital gown and those white leg things. He wanted to see the house.

Now - the girls made it public friendly - which means they piled every extraneous thing in my bedroom and closed the door. So now he has even seen that dirty little secret. Keep in mind this man is always pressed, shoes polished, golfer guy. Can tie a single or double windsor without a mirror. A true gentleman through and through. I am quite comfy stepping over the pile of shoes at the foot of the bed. My idea of ironing is to toss things in the dryer with a wet towel. I would much rather focus on my girlies and my crafts than worry too much about cleaning. Total opposites. (But he does have a Brenda and I don't - that would be his maid)

But true friendship has evolved through the differences. We have very similar approaches in our work. We both value our family very much. We make great sounding boards for each other. We have worked together. Now we don't - but keeping in touch is effortless. We pick up right where we left off any time there is a break in keeping up. We both have very strong faith statements. There is no petty competition between us. Neither of us carry grudges. It is easy to be together. We can be riotously funny, but even silence is acceptable. He knows all my ugly - I know most of his - and it just doesn't matter. He is older than I am and has forgotten many things he has done - you know that happens when you pass 50. He loves my girls and supports them so much. He is probably the most faithful MaggieGrace reader out there. Most of all - he is an encourager - not just for me - but for so many - and in so many ways. He truely wants every one to be the best person they can. I am fortunate to have him as my friend.

Today is a low key day. I am trying to finish the edging on a baby blanket. That tiny bedspread cotton is tedious to work with. But I am almost there. Then I will be working on CIP goodies.

Thanksgiving week - I am thankful for my health and recovery and for all of my friends. We have so much to be thankful for and this week I can focus on that because I am still and quiet.

Have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

Your friend sounds like a great guy. I hope you have a wonderful day as well.

ellen said...

Friends are often more important than family. You are fortunate to have him. Take care.