Saturday, November 17, 2007

Yesterday I felt great - today I don't

I think I overdid some things yesterday. Today I am tired and frustrated. Not nearly as sore, but deep down tired. There are tears wavering just below the surface (hormones leaving my body) that I just can't get a grip on. I can't focus on anything at all. I am fine by myself, but everyone wants to hover.

I really want to get out and go to some friends 50th anniversary party, but I am not sure if I should. I do know that there is no way I can spend another day on the sofa. Guess what - I am not a good patient at all. Never have been.

I am physically doing incredibly well. Just a little soreness here and there. It's the frustration of being cooped up that drives me nuts.

Mom and I washed miles of vintage lace by hand yesterday and bundled it up to sell. I'll try to get it posted so you guys can look at it. It has been ironed and starched and I have kept a little of it just for me. Mom washed and rinsed and I sat on the sofa and ironed. It felt good to be productive and to see the results at the end of the day.

Today, I am trying to finish a couple of hats for gifts and to get my Christmas list complete.

See now I have goals and I already feel better.

Have a great day.

3 comments:

ellen said...

Take care..maybe it's time for a margarita? Patience is so hard, but it does help and goes hand in hand with the healing process.
Hope your tomorrow is brighter and finds you with more energy!

Very Mary said...

There's nothing quite like ironing lace, except maybe stringing beans or shucking corn. I do miss you and hope you're going to be a patient patient!

Darla said...

My goodness, I didn't expect to see you posting. I just stopped by to see if someone left an update and see that your daughter did.. but now you are back.

I can't resist leaving a few words of advice. Stay in your nightgown as long as possible. As soon as you get dressed everyone will think you are well and rest will be out of the question *smile*.

Darla

Darla