Monday, November 05, 2007

Whew -what a weekend

This is not an original title. I have used it before - there was lots of activity crammed into two days. Start with a ball tournament in a format that let's you have 4-6 hour breaks between games - we hate that. Especially when you are too far from home to go back there - and in a small area with not much to do. What do I do - I pack a bag of stuff to accomplish. I made two beanie hats and quilted a few squares on the cowboy quilt. We also went to a yard sale and an antique shop (bought 3 craft books). We left early Saturday morning and got home late (after midnight Saturday night).

Sunday was full as well - church, volleyball tryouts, go to my sisters to get a shelf for the barn, choir practice, start painting the backdrop for the program, reinact the assassination of Henry IV, make a butterfly.



The reinactment was part of a history project for Molly. Seems Henry IV was stabbed to death in a street parade. (similar to JFK according to the history) A man emerged from the crowd and stabbed him to death. Pictured above is our diorama of the scene. This is all card stock and glue in a shoe box. It was fun to finish last night. Molly printed and collaged the buildings and the people on the street are hot glued into place. The carriage has multiple layers of popdots making it 3D. Projects have always been a favorite at my house.

I also made another butterfly. This one is for the "brown" challenge in the color group I am in over at Flickr.

9 days til surgery - 6 working days for me - I have the pre op stuff on Monday, so it is not counted as a work day. Feeling the pressure already this morning. My customers have realized suddenly that this will happen and as of 9:00 am I have seen 3 homeowners - could prove to be very busy this week. I will be very glad when all this is over.

Use What I Have savings tracking (UWIHT)
2 hats ---- 50 cents
1 diorama --- 25 cents
1 butterfly --- 1.00

Have a wonderful week.

4 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

I'm over here hoping your surgery goes well and that you make a speedy quick recovery. Nice butterfly.

Kerri Farley said...

You have such neat creations! I am hoping all goes well for you and that you won't be too stressed out over the next 9 days.

Elizabeth Prata said...

Cool stuff! BTW, thanks for inspiring me UWIH...I need to bring in about 10 plants from my deck and I was poised to go to Target and get some shelving and put it in my lobby (can't put them inside, cats) but I thought abut your jar and I decided to UWIH.

Good luck as the surgery comes close, that you can get what you need done and sail through the operation.

Anonymous said...

I am loving that project (faux 3D=happiness)
love.