Tuesday, November 27, 2007

What a mess......

What in the world is Molly frowning about? Cleaning up a mess that I made - that's what. I was gathering supplies for painting at church on Sunday afternoon and I knocked a big bottle of bright blue glitter glue off the top shelf.

Now the bottles are plastic - right - but still it hit just right and the bottle shattered into about 12 pieces and splatted bright blue glitter all over those 120 year old floors. FYI - I cleaned it up - Molly had me stage this picture. Any ideas about getting blue glitter glue out of the cracks in the floor? Don't examine the picture too carefully you'll see part of the mess that is normally behind closed doors.

Went back to the doctor yesterday. I am doing quite well compared to the other patient who was there. We did preop together and her surgery was immediately after mine on Wednesday. She is still taking all the major pain meds all day and is having issues - she told me she had called the office almost everyday with a problem/complaint. I left there wondering if my case is unusual or is it hers that is the unusual one.

I'll be working until lunch this week and back to normal next week. I really didn't realize how tired I was, but once I got home and stretched out, I was gone. I slept for 3 and 1/2 hours -completely zonked. I never heard the girls or Charles come in. Apparently Molly thought the drop of drool hanging off my chin was funny.

I promised pictures of some accomplishments - I will space them out over the next few days. One of Abby's friends is getting a new baby sister soon and while we are not really close to them, we wanted to give them a little something. I had time to sit still and had the materials on hand to make a crochet edged blanket.

I modified some instructions I found via Dawn's 4:53 blog. The result is this lovely ruffled edging. I love how this looks - ruffley, flirty, feminine. This project added to the UWIH fund as well.

I hope this finds all of you having a wonderful day.

See you tomorrow - Teresa


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teresa, remember the exression,"no need to cry over spilt milk?" So sorry about the blue glitter glue. Love the crochet edge on the baby girl blanket. Sounds as if you are doing great after surgery; do take care. Love, Ann.

Anonymous said...

thanks for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment... I am so glad you are doing well .. paint by numbers paintings are big with 20 somethings to do their loft apartments.. they are funky.. I will be stopping by as I do just about every day.. to see what you are up to take care Karen

Darla said...

Happy to hear that you're doing so well. Other than some spilled glitter glue that is.

That blanket is going to a lucky baby and Mom. Such oldfashioned luxury!

Darla

Mrs. G. said...

Well if I had to spill something on my floor, glitter would be better than some. At least it's sparkly.

Glad you recovering nicely. Love that ruffled edge.

Raesha D said...

I agree with Mrs. G - at least it's sparkly! I can't believe you are already going back to work. My mom had to take almost 3 months off and my bff took 6 weeks off - just take it slow and careful and don't overdo it. I'm so thrilled that you are healing so well and so quickly.

Very Mary said...

Immediately my thoughts went to the spray adhesive debacle last year. I think there are cat hairs permanently glued to my ceiling because of that fiasco. As for removing blue glitter glue from 120 year old cracks? Toothpicks baby. Toothpicks. How do I know this? My cracks are 100 years old and my glitter glue was red.

Elizabeth Prata said...

Sorry about the glitter explosion! Great news that you are doing well. Your crocheted edge blanket is the most darling thing ever, nice work!